tax time again

nat3d

Wait, I don't drive a civic anymore....
Adams MA
Vehicle Model
Ford Focus ST
Body Style
Hatch
tax time and again looking for some input what should i blow my money on? these headlights form pro civic, a set of hids for my stock housings, or something else?

If you get those lights, be aware of what they look like with hids in them. No idea if you planned on running them with normal bulbs or hids.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/installing-projectors-xenon-kits-honda-civic-2013-help.10213/
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/procivic-projector-matte-black-led-headlights.8925/
yeah ive been eyeing those threads with caution. ive also been batting around the idea of a retro but i dont have a pair of headlights to run while i do it.

Spend the money on a second set of housings. Send them out to be retro'd and sometimes the place will buy your stock lights from you when you're done with the install. Some places might even have a set just waiting for a customer and you wouldn't have any downtime. Worth sending a few messages. I know customlightz has my old stock set from my 8th gen so people wouldn't have to wait.

It is hands down the best thing I have done to my car. I love it. I went with RX330 projectors and they seriously throw more light than my high beams.

Spend the money on a second set of housings. Send them out to be retro'd and sometimes the place will buy your stock lights from you when you're done with the install. Some places might even have a set just waiting for a customer and you wouldn't have any downtime. Worth sending a few messages. I know customlightz has my old stock set from my 8th gen so people wouldn't have to wait.

It is hands down the best thing I have done to my car. I love it. I went with RX330 projectors and they seriously throw more light than my high beams.
i was thinking of doing it myself to save money. those headlights are on the high end of the spectrum but after hearing you rave about them the way you are really makes me consider it. who does it that you know of? i remember looking at customlightz once but i thought i heard they wernt around any more.

Yeah, I really really like them. Hahaha. Customlightz did mine a couple years ago. Did a great job with the actual retrofit itself. Looking back I shouldn't have gone for the LED/halo thing but at least they are wired separately. I went for all the upgrades too like color mod lenses, Philips D2 bulbs, and requested the best longest lasting ballasts and wiring regardless of cost. Send them a message. It's really just a couple guys running the whole operation. The main guy Bjorn has a lot going on outside of the retro business. Last I talked to him he was finishing his PhD in something ridiculous. I think the retro thing was a side job during school and it took off more than expected.

Once you get ahold of Bjorn and you are on schedule he is very very attentive and communication is great. Im sure they get a lot of tire kickers though. Be ready to buy and you will be taken care of quite well.

If you want to DIY it start with the Mini H1 projectors since they don't require any cutting. It will at least give you a chance to see what you're up against in a reverseable fashion. I don't think I have the skills to attempt beyond that. Im looking at doing a mini retro for my wifes car when I get the $$ for a second set of housings.

You can also shoot a message to @Nomar06 or @ethlar - They are both familiar with retrofitting.

There ya go. I couldn't remember the name of the place. I think ethlar has had good experiences with those guys as well.

Back