Total knee replacement

FG3 Dude

Had total knee replacement surgery May the 22nd and got out of the hospital May 26th. I am 7 days out from surgery and i'm doing as well as i can, Had regular physical therapy yesterday and it was a nightmare. They have me on a ice machine and a CPM machine, I'm on the CPM machine 4-6 hours a day and on the ice machine 1-3 hours a day. Hopefully i can make it to the Dragon and meet some of you guy's & gal's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_passive_motion

https://www.venturemedicalsupply.co...020e43594a9c230972d/p/o/polar-care-cube_8.gif

I had my left hip replaced 9 months ago. It's really tough the first month or two, but it will get better every week.

From what I've heard, recovery is slightly worse on a knee, but in both cases your recovery is entirely dependent on the work you put in. Before you realize it, you'll be back to your old self.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.

Oh yeah, if you're taking narcotics for pain, which I did for about 3 weeks, do not suddenly stop taking them. You should ween yourself off of them over the course of a week. I was taking percocet (5/325), which aren't too strong. However, I would take 2 at a time at night to sleep the first week or so.

I know it's a big surgery - hang in there, and try your best in PT.

Thanks guy's, Yea PT is going to be a ***** but oh well no pain no gain.

Thanks everyone, Slowly getting better but man the leg lifts are killing me lol. Staples come out Monday :cheerleader::dog::bananasplit::bananawhipdance::guitar::brock::cucumber::domokundance::pinkdomokundance::pianodance:

Good luck on recovery! and be sure to get out as much as you are allowed to.

Oh yeah, if you're taking narcotics for pain, which I did for about 3 weeks, do not suddenly stop taking them. You should ween yourself off of them over the course of a week. I was taking percocet (5/325), which aren't too strong. However, I would take 2 at a time at night to sleep the first week or so.
Hope you are doing well Kenny, Getting a hip replacement would really scare me and they started weaning me off pain meds today. I took
Shower number two since surgery and i feel more human now lol, gonna wash those zombies right out of my hair lol.

Hope you are doing well Kenny, Getting a hip replacement would really scare me and they started weaning me off pain meds today. I took
Shower number two since surgery and i feel more human now lol, gonna wash those zombies right out of my hair lol.

Thanks, I'm pretty-much back to normal. I can't imagine a hip is any more scary than a knee though. The pain meds to got me through my exercising mostly.

IMO, the whole replacement experience was very strange. It was hard, but not too horrible. Other than making me put a large project on hold for a year and a half, it interrupted 6-8 weeks of my "daily" life.

I'm glad you are feeling more human now. :wavey:

I'm almost two weeks out from surgery and getting stronger every day, I'm now up to 90 flexion -5 extension hope to be 95-100 & -7 today. i can bend my knee back to 96 % and the physical therapist said that is ahead a week so i'm happy with that. I'm still in alot of pain mainly cause i think i might be overdoing it a little, so i will talk to the knee DR about that today when i get my staples out.

Back