Total knee replacement

3 Weeks out from knee replacement and i'm now doing 3 hours of Physical Therapy 4 days a week. I'm on a 5 pound ankle weight, doing three sets of 15 on all my stretch & exercises, doing squats & recumbent bike. Still can only bend back at 105 degrees, It's been rough and they said it will get rougher cause i'll be doing more at PT.

Next Tuesday will be 4 weeks since my knee replacement and i had a very bad day at PT yesterday. I could only bend my knee back to 104 degrees down from 109 :| It could only mean that i'm not getting enough stretching or the dreaded scar tissue. If it' scar tissue i would have to be in one day surgery, be put under so the surgeon can manipulate it and break it up. So wish me luck and keep the prayers coming in cause i greatly appreciate them. Going to get on the CPM machine for a few hours and see if i can get 120 % flexion & -10 extension.

Six weeks out now and one more PT visit
Wednesday then see my knee DR July 2nd and i'll bet he will make me go another month :| But it's ok cause i'm doing alot better and can bend my leg back to 117 degrees.

13 degree improvement! That's great man... feeling better about things now?

:yeahthat:

I had 3 weeks of home visiting PT & Nurse, then went 3 scripts of one month each to my local PT place. I still visit the PT place 3 times per week, but only for fitness, and continued strength workouts. They still provide any guidance if I ask.

BTW, I passed the ten month mark last weekend. :excited:

A update: I can now bend my leg back to 127 degrees but can only get -5 on extension. The therapist said today that's a big problem so they are trying to get me more visits at least another month. It will be over 6 - 12 more months till i'm 100 % i hope, so wish me luck :)

what do they want your extension to be...? I saw this on a health site "normal ROM is usually minus 6 to 140 degrees in men."

so it's straightening your leg right now that's being worked on the most, correct?

Back