Total knee replacement

Four more weeks of Physical therapy then another follow up July 31. DR was real happy with my recovery, but i still have to work on getting the swelling down and that means icing up to 8 times a day. And still have to work on my extension as well.

Started my second week of extended PT today and man they almost killed me lol. They added a 10 pound ankle weight today ( doesn't sound like much till you have a knee replacement) Then i found out i can get a discounted membership at the Tennova Health & Fitness Center it's a modern 65,000-square-foot-facility.
Join today! Our expert fitness staff will provide you with a personalized health assessment, a tailored exercise program, and all the information and encouragement you need to reach your fitness goals.
The Health & Fitness Center offers:
  • 18' x 45' warm-water therapy pool
  • 25-meter junior Olympic-size, six lane lap pool
  • Full-court basketball gymnasium
  • Dedicated cycle room with 20 bicycles
  • 23' rock climbing wall
  • Two racquetball/squash courts
  • Cushioned indoor track (1/11 mile)
  • Outdoor track (1/5 mile)Group fitness room with cushioned hardwood floor
  • Olympic free weight room
  • Spacious men's and women's locker rooms - each featuring 10 shower stalls, steam room, sauna room and whirlpool
  • I can get this and more for $120.00 for 3 months.

Haven't updated this in awhile, The 22nd this month will be 6 months since surgery and over the past couple months ive had a couple set backs. I seem to be doing better now and have alot less pain but still have my outside ligament giving me fits. Don't know if they will go back in and see what's going on but i'll find out next Monday when i see my DR. Thanks for all the well wishes and support i appreciate it.

I hope you don't need to go under the knife again. If so, then they'll get everything fixed up for good.

The one thing that's certain is these replacements take time to recover from. I still have days when I'm not moving too well because of discomfort in my hip, and it's been almost 15 months.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get through this alright. Other than that, keep moving, and time will eventually heal you.

Hey everyone been a real long time, Well the good news: I am over a year after my surgery. Bad news: i'm having real bad problems and am jumping through the hoops again (damn insurance) I had 4 weeks pool therapy last month and 4 weeks regular PT. Just had a bone scan and MRI done last week and the doctor doesn't know why i'm having so much pain.
After he gets the results of the bone scan and MRI he might go in and see what's wrong with my knee, Hopefully it's not major but i think it will be due to my luck.
The Doctor i have now says i'm to young for a total replacement but i can hardly walk right now, I'm back to using my walking cane.
Ive tried to get another doctor but after they hear my history they say no, Right now as this doctor is acting i'm really thinking about getting a lawyer and see what can be done.
I have been fighting this messed up knee since 2005 and after 5 operation's (including two partial replacements) i'm at the end of my rope.
I still have my Rallye red LX coupe but haven't done anything to it except drive it when i can.
Just wanted to update you guys and hope everyone is doing OK.

Got the news last week, I have total knee replacement surgery end of this month.
They did another bone scan and it showed fragments floating around, Didn't show if they where metal or something else.

Wow man. That sucks. Hospital for Special Surgery ( hss.edu ) is the only place I'll have ortho surgery ever again. Let us know how things work out for you.

They fixed my shoulder when other places said I was going to be a partial or full replacement. Yeah, at 24 getting a shoulder replacement? No thanks. Lose the use of my arm for the rest of my life basically.

Back