Warning lights

Discussion in 'Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat' started by Jonathan Arroyo, May 21, 2019.

1. Jonathan Arroyo

Jonathan Arroyo New Member

So I put coilovers not so long ago and recently I got wheels too but my lights came on like the Traction control, hill start assist, ABS, Power steering system, and the TPMS it happen before I got the rims I was driving and hit a small pot whole and then all the light came on now to turn my car off I got to press the red button 2 times can anyone tell me what it can be?

Attached Files:

2. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

A number of people have had this when their battery was failing. Take it to a shop like autozone and they can run a test on it for free. That’s be the first thing I’d do.

3. sunofwolf

sunofwolf Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    honda SI 2013 35% tinted Hondata coupe ! Hidden car! VFR-800-11750 rpm! Neon 2001!
    Body Style:
    coupe
    Honda seems very battery sensitive, forget running a racing battery.:cucumber:

4. Jonathan Arroyo

Jonathan Arroyo New Member

I was looking at videos and its saying it might be my abs speed sensor

5. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

it can be, as it is tied to the traction control and other items on the civic. The battery test could at least rule out that as a cause, and that is a free test. If you know it's not that, then I would look into the abs sensors.

6. Gohar Saeed

Gohar Saeed New Member

hi, i am also getting codes of ESP, VSA and TPMS.
    I doubt have tire sensors so TPMS is expected but VSA and ESP is irritating me. anyone help me with this?

having this code;
    86-13 F-CAN communication with
    PCM(A/T) malfunction

Attached Files:

7. Gohar Saeed

Gohar Saeed New Member

I don't have*

8. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

have your battery checked at a place like auto zone for free

9. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    honda SI 2013 35% tinted Hondata coupe ! Hidden car! VFR-800-11750 rpm! Neon 2001!
    Body Style:
    coupe
    do the dodge trick- a few piece's of Black tape will fix that:lildevil:

10. Gohar Saeed

Gohar Saeed New Member

yes, battery is fine

11. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

Do you have any modifications to your car, or is it 100% stock

12. Gohar Saeed

Gohar Saeed New Member

everything is stock, didn't do any modification.

13. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    :hyper:glad I have a 2013 where I don't have that button and hill assist either. Maybe the tnps sensor makes other lights go on too. I am using stock wheels and have no lights on in the dash.:banana whip2: Might want to call the dealer and ask them about the code and dash lights coming on! Perhaps a china worm got in there.:paper:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  14. Gohar Saeed

Gohar Saeed New Member

i am out of warranty so don't want to spill money by going to dealer

15. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    Is your tnps sensors working? I would guess maybe a faulty sensor is to blame.

16. Gohar Saeed

Gohar Saeed New Member

don't have tpms sensors in tires

17. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    Perhaps the lack of tpms is setting off the other lights too. You can add the tpms sensors to your current wheels and see if that fixs everything- those other light's might be linked to the tpms sensors. I have seen cheap tpms on ebay.:paper:

18. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

people who were 100% stock and really didn't have battery issues had bad yaw sensors in their vsa unit with dash lights like yours.

19. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    Go back in time, you put after market wheels on without tnps sensor's that when you had problems. I would strongly suggest the tnps sensor not working is connected to the other lights. I don't know for sure. But the turn off traction control does not work when tnps isn't working, so there is a link there 100%.:box:

20. Gohar Saeed

Gohar Saeed New Member

i am also thinking about issue with yaw sensor.
    would you please tell me if yaw sensor is located in vsa unit itself or inside cabin or around center console?

but there isn't any code related to yaw sensor.