Westboro Baptist Church Idiots thread

What if ppl started protesting members of that church every time someone in their congregation died ?

Most of these ppl that protest only do it because they know they'll be protected by the law. I bet they wouldn't be there if the law turned a blind eye to letting the ppl in the military take care of these ppl on a personel level.

Most of these ppl that protest only do it because they know they'll be protected by the law. I bet they wouldn't be there if the law turned a blind eye to letting the ppl in the military take care of these ppl on a personel level.

Then you'd see if they believe their ideals are worth dying for.

You can't decide what counts under the first amendment or doesn't by if you like it or not

I know exactly what the first amendment states.... But just cause it states you have freedom of speech doesn't mean you have to be a total dochebag about how you do it.

I have the right to bear arms and do so, it doesn't mean that I am gonna pull a gun out and start shooting people cause I want be first in line somewhere.

Respect is not given its earned, and in my eyes it's really damn hard to earn respect when you are disrespecting a family in mourning by not only verbally but physically and emotionally attacking them and the choice there family member made by entering and serving our country.

I know exactly what the first amendment states.... But just cause it states you have freedom of speech doesn't mean you have to be a total dochebag about how you do it.

I have the right to bear arms and do so, it doesn't mean that I am gonna pull a gun out and start shooting people cause I want be first in line somewhere.

Respect is not given its earned, and in my eyes it's really damn hard to earn respect when you are disrespecting a family in mourning by not only verbally but physically and emotionally attacking them and the choice there family member made by entering and serving our country.
Nowhere in the first amendment does it say "Oh by the way, if we don't like it, it doesn't count". All speech (Except for the obviously dangerous stuff, like yelling fire in a theater) must be protected, or else it's pointless to have

Let me just make this very clear. I hate what they do at funerals. What they do disgust me. I just support freedoms, and not just to myself

I don't like the fact they protest the funerals but I never did say they can't do it... Protest all you but have a little respect and since they can't do that laws have to be put in place to protect the people they are protesting..

I don't like the fact they protest the funerals but I never did say they can't do it... Protest all you but have a little respect and since they can't do that laws have to be put in place to protect the people they are protesting..
So you don't want them to be able to do it

Un-American....... It's only been in the last 150 years that someone didn't get hit or shot for saying something someone else didn't like, It's very American to punch someone for not liking what someone else said. The difference is that the legal system has been learning how to protect it's self against the ppl that don't take crap off of them. America was settled by the gun.
and has turned into a "Country of the offended".

So you don't want them to be able to do it

:rotfl: Apperently reading is not a strong suit for you so may be this will help.... I DO NO CARE IF THEY PROTEST.......I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE LACK OF RESPECT... THIS LAW IS NOT SAYING THEY CAN'T PROTEST, BUT HAVE TO STAY BACK, WHICH MAKES ME HAPPY...

:rotfl: Apperently reading is not a strong suit for you so may be this will help.... I DO NO CARE IF THEY PROTEST.......I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE LACK OF RESPECT... THIS LAW IS NOT SAYING THEY CAN'T PROTEST, BUT HAVE TO STAY BACK, WHICH MAKES ME HAPPY...
Of course I knew you didn't mean everywhere, I got what you were saying. Douche bag

Of course I knew you didn't mean everywhere, I got what you were saying. Douche bag

All I can respond to that is :rotfl:

I was just making it very plain and clear on my view point, since it just seemed to me that the current schooling for high school students seems to be severely lacking in any real education...

Sure they have the right to protest and stuff, but why do it at someones funeral??!! To me thats the most disrespectful thing to do to someone, especially to someone who voluntarily gave their life to defending our nation. I served for 4 yrs in the NAVY and this really strikes a nerve with me, I would go to blows with them honestly. Like mentioned before they should go to DC and protest there instead. Or just get hit by a bus....

Again, I agree that it's a horrible thing. But I believe that this country exists partially to allow anyone to voice their beliefs, wherever they choose to

Back