2013 Rearview Camera - A First Look

This is why I'm waiting to obtain the schematic...so that there is no guess-work.
The camera is specifically for the Sedan and it is the same part no matter if you have navigation or not.

On the Civic Coupe and sedan there are two camera options depending if the car has navigation or not. The cameras are the same on both the two door and four door models. The non navigation camera is part number 39530-TS8-A51 CAMERA ASSY., REARVIEW and the navigation equipped cars the part number is 39530-TS8-A01 CAMERA ASSY., REARVIEW (WIDE). If a car is equipped with navigation it is called a multi-view rearview camera and it will show on the larger navigation screen instead of the i-mid screen. You also have the option to change the view of the camera.

On the Civic Coupe and sedan there are two camera options depending if the car has navigation or not. The cameras are the same on both the two door and four door models. The non navigation camera is part number 39530-TS8-A51 CAMERA ASSY., REARVIEW and the navigation equipped cars the part number is 39530-TS8-A01 CAMERA ASSY., REARVIEW (WIDE). If a car is equipped with navigation it is called a multi-view rearview camera and it will show on the larger navigation screen instead of the i-mid screen. You also have the option to change the view of the camera.
I stand corrected. The part numbers are indeed different if you have navigation or not. In fact, it's actually four different part numbers
Was hard to tell until I put these pictures together.

12-20-2012 7-50-15 PM.png12-20-2012 7-50-46 PM.png12-20-2012 7-50-31 PM.png12-20-2012 7-51-36 PM.png

The one I purchased was for the Sedan with navigation: 39530-TR3-A01

I only looked at the non SI models when comparing sedan and coupe models. It's interesting that the SI adds two different models. Although the naming changes are only slightly different.

If you don't have navigation, it'd be interesting to see if a button could be wired/configured to change the views on the i-mid. The mode change is normally handled by a button on the navigation system. In the 2013 Accord without navigation I played with, and despite it having a touch screen audio system, the change was handled by the audio's select button. It would have been interesting if that could have been configured on the Civic's stereo.

Maybe different in the Si models due to them only being available in a manual transmission. Wiring may be different from the automatics shifting into neutral.

Maybe it is because the SI models might have a different trim on the trunk necessitating the need for a slightly different camera mount.

Maybe different in the Si models due to them only being available in a manual transmission. Wiring may be different from the automatics shifting into neutral.
Actually the two door has the same cameras as the non SI so I don't believe it has anything to do with it being a manual transmission. It might merely be a technicality for different mount for the different trim on the SI sedan.

Row 1
Camera i-mid (pin and description)
Grey A2 shield for white, green, red, yellow, black
Green A4 or A18 (Probably ground but could be mode select)
Red A19 Video Signal
Black A21 Control Signal

Row 2
Camera i-mid (pin and description)
White A3 Ground
Yellow A20 Power source
Blue A15 Mode select
Brown A14 (At least on i-mid it detects reverse signal from reverse relay circuit)

I looked at additional wiring diagrams for the CRV. I made several errors in my assumption when I used only the colors of the wires for the diagram. The wire colors alone can't be used to match up the wires because some change their color once they get up to the dashboard. With the additional details I can also now see that the pinouts between the CRV and Civic cameras are different.

I can't be certain that the colors between camera models is a correct match for their indicated purposes. Although all but the brown wire is present in the CRV's camera diagram. Looking at the CRV and Civic camera connectors the brown wire might take the place of the green wire for the mode select. My thoughts come from a similarity between camera connectors. In the CRV camera connector the blue and green mode select wires are next to each other. In the Civic the Blue and Brown wires are next to each other.

There is one other wiring detail that will need to be completed for the reverse camera mod. Pin 14 on the i-mid connector will need to be wired to the reverse lighting circuit. On the Civic this circuit is a brown wire coming off of fuse B21 in the fuse box under the dashboard.

With all that said, here is the CRV's corrected diagram with changes in bold. I have also rearranged this information to pertain CRV camera and added additional details.

CRV Camera Diagram
Camera (pin)_____ i-mid (pin and description)
Row 1
Blue (1)_______ A5 Mode Select (bit1 Top Down View)
Green (2)_______ A4 Mode Select (bit0 Normal View)
Green (4)_______ A20 Power source (camera_vcc)
White (6)_______ A3 Camera V Ground
Row 2
Black (7)_____ A18 Camera Ground (camera_gnd)
Red (9)________ A19 Video Signal (camera_v)
Yellow (11)___ A21 Control Signal (camera_adpt)
Grey (12)______ A2 shield for 4, 6, 7, 9, 11

Here is the standard camera for the Civics. It has an odd angle compared to the multi-view cameras in the pictures that were initially put up. This is part number 39530-TS8-A51. The wiring is different from the multi-view camera and only has a single row six pin connector.

camera.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Jan 04, 6 12 56 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 04, 6 12 56 PM.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 95
  • Photo Jan 04, 6 13 26 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 04, 6 13 26 PM.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 112
I found that if I flip the orientation so the base plate is vertical instead of horizontal then it will better match how the camera looks in the initial pictures. I'll have to get up to a dealership sometime to see if I can figure how this is actually oriented and installed in the 2013 Civics.

One of the dealerships in my town just got a 2013 coupe. Here are some pictures of the standard camera and how it's mounted to the trunk. I was not able to see the connector because they added a liner to the trunk lid.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Yes I have purchased the camera. As jasonandre said earlier we don't know the exact wire schematic for the 2013 Civics. I can speculate what the wiring might be by looking at the 2012 CRV wiring schematics. The standard camera only has four pins going into the actual camera despite there being six wires at the connector. I think i can make a good educated guess at figuring out what the four wires are. If it is not raining this weekend I might start testing and doing the install.

Back