Post Your Latest Purchases

Right on. Yea When I do decide to lower the si it will be a very similar setup. That's the perfect drop in my opinion.

Tanabe parts are not known to be the 'best bang for the buck' products, but they are very high quality. The springs I got are supposed to be $360. But since the demand for them is so low, I was able to get it for $179 shipped.

Sweet deal.. Yea my jetta has race land coilovers on it. They were budget coils and I definitely got what I paid for haha.. When it comes to suspension I think it's worth it to spend a bit more, you will be happier with the end result :)

Most definitely. These springs will be on the stock struts only for a couple of months. Koni usually has a sale once a year, which I shouldn't miss, during the early spring for 20% off all their struts. I highly recommend Koni struts with any lowering springs.

New cycling shorts and jersey. Also some cleaning brushes for my calmebak.

New cycling shorts and jersey. Also some cleaning brushes for my calmebak.
you can also put a mix water and hydrogen peroxide(no more than 50% HP) and let it soak. Also a good mouth rinse/teeth whitener 50/50 5min(cap of each).

I'll keep that in mind. I mainly bought the brushes to clean out the "straw" section.

The straw gets pretty nasty. Lol.

I had a nice 3 ton racing jack in Hawaii, but since i'm back in school, my income less than half of what it was so I gotta buy cheap stuff. I'm slowly rebuilding my tool collection tho

That is a nice looking jack. Harbor Freight is an awesome store.

Right on. Yea When I do decide to lower the si it will be a very similar setup. That's the perfect drop in my opinion.

If you're looking for lowering springs, these cost $179 shipped on ebay. These springs can fit both coupe/sedan (si or non-si) for the 06-11 Civics. And I think 8thgen springs will fit the 9thgens, maybe webby can confirm. I'll be expecting the springs to be delivered next Monday, since they will ship out from CA tomorrow.

Tanabe made the most expensive springs for the 8thgen, with the highest at around $390 (DF210, a lower drop). The ones I bought are GF126 which cost $360 originally. And for $179, it's a steal.

It just sucks thought that Tanabe isn't doing any R&D for the 9thgens, even though I requested them to make a better exhaust for your cars. I guess since the FR-S/BR-Z came out on the same year, they looked into that instead.

That's still close to a $200 mod for a really good drop! Thanks for the input Webby.

Back