Post Your Latest Purchases

I just ordered this 2.8W led panel. 2.8W should give me enough lighting. Lol. I'm tired of my trunk being too dim. It only costs about $2.73 although it ships from China. But I can wait for it, no big deal.
$T2eC16VHJHIE9nyseFeIBQ1L,62FLQ~~60_3.JPG

Here's a link if anyone is interested. It's $2.73 shipped!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221168990760?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I just ordered this 2.8W led panel. 2.8W should give me enough lighting. Lol. I'm tired of my trunk being too dim. It only costs about $2.73 although it ships from China. But I can wait for it, no big deal.
$T2eC16VHJHIE9nyseFeIBQ1L,62FLQ~~60_3.JPG

Here's a link if anyone is interested. It's $2.73 shipped!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221168990760?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I was looking at the Pirhanna boards myself, however they have warnings not to use anymore than 12 volts and to use a stepdown transformer in a vehicle. I have a better idea, swap out a few resistors with a soldering iron and just use the board without a transformer LOL.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DC-12V-4W-48...554685?pt=US_Night_Lights&hash=item27cd356b3d

Is there a reason why? I thought led panels can take 10-14v.

Most are, but the panel I linked is made for 12V maximum. Most likely it was designed to light up inside a computer case, where there is 12V regulated power. If you look at other auctions for these boards, you can also find them in 5V versions. (computer power supplies have both 5V and 12V available)

Now, had they used a larger resistor on the 12V version, it would have been able to take a wider input voltage without damage to the diodes themselves. For instance if you have an led that's designed to light up at say 14v, it will still light up at 9v or less, with about 90% of the light output.

That's right. The voltage on a car is never constant.

DSCN1969.JPGDSCN1971.JPG DSCN1968.JPG
Bought a while ago, but showed up today from overseas... interior lights ( ultra bright white 30 mm festoon LED ) and waterproof white LED strips ( 5050 chips )

Hard to get a good picture of the strips, but here's indoors ( with normal lights on as well ) and one strip on a 12V wall wart from an external hard drive. I had to dial down the exposure compensation all the way to the end to have a half decent picture. They are bright!!!! I may just use these for aux trunk lighting.

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing!

I never get how the sellers from China make money.

I never get how the sellers from China make money.
Wages and raw materials are cheap, and the price of shipping is also very low. From talking with people that have been over to China for months at a time for work, you can eat like a king for $ 5 USD or less a day.

2 pairs of cycling shorts and 1 cycling jersey. Used 1 of each already today, lol.

Wow, sold all of the 1M LED strips before I got a single one in my trunk.... guess I need to order more. One person wanted to buy 20 off of me, but I only had 3 extra.

The LED panel I bought from China is now in NY. And my springs coming from CA are still in transit. Lol.

Testing it out using a 12v jumper battery. Installing this as my trunk light should be okay since my trunk only stays open to, at most, 30-45 seconds.
IMG_99711_zpsfbe9ab39.jpg

Testing it out using a 12v jumper battery. Installing this as my trunk light should be okay since my trunk only stays open to, at most, 30-45 seconds.
IMG_99711_zpsfbe9ab39.jpg
For the small extra draw, I would consider using the factory light, as well as this and splicing the wiring, locating this panel a bit further back.

Back