2013 Rearview Camera - A First Look

Well, after poor over all they have so far all the doc have for the civic with Nav show the wire as I posted only thing I can think of is when it comes from the factoryis different then replacement parts

Well, Crack it open and solder the wires,but I'm not getting the warm and fuzzes over this bunch of missing resistors and such put it back in tomorrow and let you know.

Well getting through the 2012 NAV is a no go the hardware is not there , on the bright side since I had the dash apart went ahead and pinned out the I_MID post some Pic when it all back together. If anyone want to get it going through the NAV JEMKO.COM sells a interface that highjacks the video for the CAM and two other video inputs.product_328.jpg

so the nav units are different between the 2012/2013... but on the bright side, you found a solution!

lol glad you enjoy the avatar.

I thought you were saying jemko had a solution. Soooo what needs done to get your setup working...or you're not sure at this point?

The original poster, jasonandre, started this thread to build off of that DIY by using the 2013 Honda Civic oem cameras. The same method of adding pins on the I-mid connector will work. We just don't have wiring diagrams yet for the cameras. The only option we have currently is to do trial and error guessing with the wiring. Jason and I don't want to start guessing the wiring. We are waiting until the official documentation becomes available to finish our projects.

I wish I knew someone with a 2013 navigation system that would be willing to open it up. That would obviously make things even easier.

I like what they've done with it since it definitely looks more OEM.

Back