Photos -- Official Honda Civic Shift Knob Pics Thread --

Lets try this again. Lol

Moddiction anvil 2

HBj72ool.jpg

overall how do u like the stainless look in the car? I'm talking to the guy from moddication about their black powdercoated anvil 2... great customer service so far and good prices
I like it. I have a rallye red car. I like the stainless cause it matches the pedals. I got the brushed option, but he's also working on a powder coated knob that's engraved so the shift pattern is raw. Me want. Lol.

And what you see is on a stock shifter. The knob is countersunk so its lower, and the natural tension of the shift boot keeps it pressed against the bottom so its clean.

Well, I'm sending my oem boot to redline and they are going to use it as a template for 9th gen boots. Here are a few pix of the one that doesn't fit. Wish it stayed up properly.

Odd, they asked me to do the same thing when I inquired about ordering a shift boot for my 2013. Poland, right?

EDIT:

This is how my 9th will look once Redline gets back to me about that exact boot. Unfortunately, I forgot to remove my titanium sk2 shift knob when I sold my 8th lol.. so I'll have to drop another $150 on it.. sigh

Last edited:
Odd, they asked me to do the same thing when I inquired about ordering a shift boot for my 2013. Poland, right?

EDIT:

This is how my 9th will look once Redline gets back to me about that exact boot. Unfortunately, I forgot to remove my titanium sk2 shift knob when I sold my 8th lol.. so I'll have to drop another $150 on it.. sigh

Redline does awesome work if and when they get it right. Thankfully I've never had to deal with them. The original owner of my car got one, and from the story he told me, it was about as easy as trying to import an endangered white lion into the country for your house cat. My best friend ordered a boot for his VW. Didn't fit, and they wanted him to send the OEM boot for fitment testing....AFTER he had already cut one up and sent it to them as a template when he first placed the order. Sadly I've heard this same story a number of different times. It's a shame. Like I said, when they get it right it's a beautiful piece. Their customer service issues need some MAJOR overhauling.

That sucks about your titanium knob ericc191. I'm probably mistaken, but I could have sworn Corsport has that same knob for MUCH less than $150. It doesn't hurt to look. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yeah I love how it looks but I definitely want something heavier soon.

I suggest getting a Fatboy. Nomar06 gave me his, and in addition to being heavy as hell, it's perfectly shaped no matter if you shift "baseball pitch" style or "pistol grip" style. Plus if you decide you don't like it, you can just drop it in a sock as some severely lethal personal protection (assuming you're not a gun owner). ;)

Back