DIY 2012+ Civic OEM Halogen Projector Headlights

Hey man Thanks for the reply! Is there a way of finding out the member he bought them from originally? Appericate the info- first time on the site.

Nice diy!!

are these headlights the one that has the auto level adjustments? did you figure how to wire that up or left it alone?

Where did the plugs that connect to the headlight come from? I have the ones specified in the materials but that isn't enough to create the harness...

You make your own harness if you didn't get one. He has the diagram in post 3.

You make your own harness if you didn't get one. He has the diagram in post 3.
That's what I'm trying to do but where do I get these
003b.sized.jpg

That should be the plug from post 45 I linked you to.

That should be the plug from post 45 I linked you to.
Isn't that what this is?
038_G_001.sized.jpg

There are 2 plugs and one socket on each harness... the socket is on the materials list but what about the plugs?

Last edited:
--Wire Splicing--

If you do not have a plug-n-play harness/adapter, then you can splice/solder the wires from your existing OEM turn-signal harness to the two new harnesses that come with the projectors. Here's how to do it:
  1. You need to open the loom behind the stock turn signal socket to expose the 3 wires:
    (1x black=ground, 1x blue=turn signals and 1x red=parking lights)
  2. Use either splice connectors or simple soldering to connect the two red wires (parking light) from the new headlights to the black wire and red wire from the stock harness.
  3. Use either splice connectors or simple soldering to connect the two yellow wires (turn signal) from the new headlights to black wire and blue wire. If the yellow wires are too short, you will need to buy 20-gauge wires to extend them.

003b.sized.jpg

Where can I get these sockets and the part#? Because the part# shown on the first post is for the socket where you solder wires to dont want that one..

Last edited:
038_G_001.sized.jpg

^^These connectors are the ones you purchase from a Honda dealership.
After soldering the wires to the connectors, the wires will then be connected to your harnesses that came with your projectors.

003b-sized-jpg.21834

^^These connectors are part of the harnesses that come with your projectors when you purchased them.
If you didn't receive any harnesses with your projectors, then you'll never get them to work and you should return them.

Finding a layman's way of describing this all hasn't been easy. I'm certainly open to suggestions so don't hesitate to comment.

Bunch of people bought these lights on eBay without a harness.

Someone had like 10+ sets for sale. I guess for people who already have these projectors and need replacements?

Back