2013 Si and Flash Pro?

I did a ten minute log with no knocks before the ReFlash map was loaded, but after I got 3 in cylinder 3 and 4 in cylinder 2 over 27 minutes.

According to the FlashPro documentation:

"Note that other mechanical noise may be interpreted as knock by the ECU. Supercharger noise and exhaust headers are the two most common causes of "false knock."

VitViper might have some input on this.

I did the same. I recorded almost 1 hour on the stock ECU and again for another 35 min on the stock ECU and both times had no knock. I assume the Flashpro is able to record knock on the stock ECU? It seems to be reading the other values correctly.

Just not sure how much knock I should be worried (or not worried) about. I'd like to use the Reflash as an alternative to either running stock or getting a proper tune (although I know this is what I should do).

I did the same. I recorded almost 1 hour on the stock ECU and again for another 35 min on the stock ECU and both times had no knock. I assume the Flashpro is able to record knock on the stock ECU? It seems to be reading the other values correctly.

Just not sure how much knock I should be worried (or not worried) about. I'd like to use the Reflash as an alternative to either running stock or getting a proper tune (although I know this is what I should do).

I am not really sure as this is new territory for me. Hopefully Vit or someone else more knowledgeable will chime in soon.

S/C yes, headers no.

That being said, 5 counts is whatever... nothing to worry about.

I'd be interested in the "acceptable" knock as well. I suppose that's a hard one to answer though..

Anyway, I notice that most of the knocks seem to happen at part throttle cruising...at least my quick review of my logs indicates. I'm driving a stock '12 running Petro-Can 94 at the time.

I can't seem to figure out how to attached a .fpdl file...

What is an acceptable level of knocks per cylinder over a given time frame?

Technically there is no "acceptable" knock, but the knock sensors on these cars tend to be very sensitive so you'll register a random count here or there without any legitimate knock.

Technically there is no "acceptable" knock, but the knock sensors on these cars tend to be very sensitive so you'll register a random count here or there without any legitimate knock.

Thanks Vit. I've also read that it is very easy to detect legitimate knock on these engines as it tends to be very loud - is that true in your experience? I've never heard any pings running the Reflash.

Yes audible knock on this motor is very distinct. I can hear it over the loudest exhaust/header setups

I guess I'm a knock noob. What causes a knock and what would it usually sound like?

So, first off let me say I've thoroughly abused Google search and I'm not seeing an answer to my particular question. Second, this is my first time ever using Hondata on any Civic I've ever owned. Flash Pro Manager looks quite overwhelming, at the moment. :(

I installed the most up to date version I could find (1.6.0) and the only option I see is 2013 Civic Si - Stock Equivalent. Where is the base reflash option like the 2012 shows? Or am I supposed to use the 2012 reflash? Thanks!

That is the only tune I saw for 2013 Si as well.

When you guys ran just the reflash map was it a good, noticeable difference?

I know nothing about tuning, or how to do it. I had a boosted dc integra but had a friend that helped me tune it...I know K motors are completly different....anywhere I can go to learn about it?

hondata has a bit of a guide on their site -
http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/index.html

flashprotuning.com also has helpful guides etc
@VitViper is also a vendor here. He can do remote tuning through datalogs. Countless users here will sing his praises.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTrf-Bj5kxE

So basically if I get hondata he can remotley tune it to what i need? because I lnknow tuning is almost an art when it comes to any honda motor...that may be the route I have to go

So basically if I get hondata he can remotley tune it to what i need? because I lnknow tuning is almost an art when it comes to any honda motor...that may be the route I have to go
Absolutely. He's remotely tuned countless users here and on other forums. All you need is an email address to send the data logs back and forth.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/forums/flashprotuning-and-vittuned.134/
this is his forum section where he posts deals ^ or shoot him a message. @VitViper

Back