Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
MOD DIFFICULTY 1/10

LED LICENSE AND REVERSE LIGHTS

What I used:
Flat head (for the trunk carpet clips)
Philips screw driver (for middle screw on trunk carpet)
(4) zone tech 8smd T-10 168,194,2825 w5w white(comes in a pack of 8 so I used the rest for the map & done light
Lastly your hands

First you have to un clip these clips 2 on each side
t1.sized.jpg

t2.sized.jpg

then the Phillis screw in the middle

t3.sized.jpg

then you want to move that carpet out your way and unclip these wire clips on both side

t4.sized.jpg

TADA!!
t5.sized.jpg

then you have the bulb housing you want to pinch both sides like so

t6.sized.jpg

take out the old bulb and replace with led bulb

t7.sized.jpg

then just clip everything back on the same way

While you have that carpet down might as well do you reverse light which are just as easy
Unclip the wire

t8.sized.jpg

and turn the bulb housing clockwise towards yourself and pull down like so

t9.sized.jpg

then take off your old bulb insert the lED, insert the housing back in the hole and turn counter clock wise and insert cable again then just do the other side the same way

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok here's the pics at night

License plate LED's soloimage.jpg license plate and reverse LED'simage.jpg map light view #1image.jpg view #2image.jpg and dome light with me in it lolimage.jpg

great writeup! I tried to switch out my license and reverse lights to LEDs today. THe reverse lights were easy, but I couldn't get the bulbs out of the holder for the license lights (any tips on this, I tried a rubber band too but I can't get the bulb out!) so I only ended up switching the reverse lights right now. Turns out, though, that they don't even turn on lol. Will try to switch them out with two different LEDs tomorrow, but if that doesn't work the originals are going to go back in. Which LEDs did you order? Could you share a link? Thanks!!

Yes, also would like to know reverse lightbulb options. Are these the brightest LEDs out there?

Last edited:
Lights were in backwards! (weird, right??). Anyways, got all the lights + map/dome lights replace. Looks great (and my parents agree hahahah)! Just had to tug/wiggle the license lights a little more and they eventually popped off the socket. Will post pics when I get a chance ;)

Also - the phillips head plug for the trunk didn't unscrew itself off at all so i just took out all the other plugs and gave it a nice tug and pushed down on it from the other side and it just popped out.

Thanks again @RedRocket_Si13! Next step: brighter LEDs for my reverse lights are probably a good idea :p

Question... Are the led reverse lights brighter than stock? I know the look better but I got to see at night in reverse.

Back