Squiggy's 2012 DBP II Si Coupe

Quite honestly, I am debating red, but I would have to see them in person to get a better look at the true colors of the wheel and the car.

wheels3.jpg

I have looked at these... I was debating this before I got mine, just a little too ostentatious for me. They would be nice though... I can never make up my mind.

Only 15lbs a piece!

"I heard you were gonna get Orange wheels on your blue car? I think that's a great idea!"

syracuse-orange-mascot.jpg

Reactions: c-m
"I heard you were gonna get Orange wheels on your blue car? I think that's a great idea!"

syracuse-orange-mascot.jpg
Is that in Kentucky somewhere?:tongue:

Last edited:
Gift? I have no clue what that you mean. Are you planning on painting the valve cover anytime soon?

Ooops. Meant to tag @323! I wasn't very functional yesterday due to lack of sleep. Valve cover probably won't be until spring/suspension work. Damn cowl makes it more involved than it needs to be.

Reactions: 323
It's not bad after the cowl removal. You'll just have to be extra careful to put the vc back after the paint job. That's about it.

It's not bad after the cowl removal. You'll just have to be extra careful to put the vc back after the paint job. That's about it.

Yeah, just an extra hassle on top of taking the valve cover off. Plus, I need some time where I won't need my car for a few days. I have to find a company that can put some DBP II into a spray can, too. I have decided to leave the intake as is and hope someone puts out some chrome oil and radiator caps.

Yeah, just an extra hassle on top of taking the valve cover off. Plus, I need some time where I won't need my car for a few days. I have to find a company that can put some DBP II into a spray can, too. I have decided to leave the intake as is and hope someone puts out some chrome oil and radiator caps.

90% sure any honda oil cap will fit. and the radiator cap can "look" chrome if you just remove the black plastic piece that covers it, then polish it up with some metal polish

90% sure any honda oil cap will fit. and the radiator cap can "look" chrome if you just remove the black plastic piece that covers it, then polish it up with some metal polish

I picked up a Spoon that was supposedly for a 2012 and it was a bit too snug with the sides of the valve cover for my tastes. It actually bit into the side of the valve cover a bit. Also made me not sure that it was screwing all the way down. I would prefer something a bit cleaner/non-OEM looking for the radiator cap.

Nice. What material are you using? How much does it cost? Is this hard to do?
I find my car loud. My next tires will certainly be chosen with a quieter ride in mind, but maybe I could do some sound proofing too.

GTMAt 80 mil. I think I paid $100 for 50 sq. ft. It is time consuming and very rough on the hands. What you see on the picture above took me an hour...and that was just fairly easy big flat pieces. When I start to hit all the curves and smaller shaped sections, it will take a lot more time with measuring and cutting in smaller pieces.

Please post pics of your progress and keep us updated on problems encountered and suggestions. Very interested to do ths.

Back