DIY Add Lights to Door Controls LX

Something interesting I noticed was that the LX (so I'm sure ALL trim levels) DOES have a light in the power window controls. There is a small black rubbery coating that has been put over this light. Now, I'm just guessing here, but I'm pretty sure that if someone just took off the rubbery coating of that LED light would be able to get out and light your control. I can't confirm it because I put in the Si one in mine (which is identical apart from there being no rubbery coating) and I don't feel like taking it apart just to appease my curiosity.

i think the coupes (all trims) have lights. :theyareontome:

:eek:

I said pardon! You mean the LX coupe has the door controls lit up, but the sedan doesn't?!
i think. i can tell you when the mail gets here because its raining and i dont wanna go out there twice lol

I ordered the passenger door controls from a 2012 - 2014 Honda CRV. It only costs 22$. These controls are lit up and do not say "Auto" on them like some other models do, for example, the Odyssey and the Crosstour. The control is identical looking. In fact, almost every honda I looked in had identical looking controls. The only thing that needs to be confirmed is if the harness plug will work to properly control the power window and power door lock. I'm pretty confident it will.

Once I confirm that I will go about adding LEDs into it so both sets of controls will be lit.

Last edited:
I ordered the door controls from a 2012 - 2014 Honda CRV. It only costs 22$. These controls are lit up and do not say "Auto" on them like some other models do, for example, the Odyssey and the Crosstour. The control is identical looking. In fact, almost every honda I looked in had identical looking controls. The only thing that needs to be confirmed is if the harness plug will work to properly control the power window and power door lock. I'm pretty confident it will.

Once I confirm that I will go about adding LEDs into it so both sets of controls will be lit.

:hyper:

I hope this works. I really want to swap out all the green/white lighting in the car.

Funny story about these passenger side controls. Even though they look identical in all these models they have different prices. At first I was going to order the Accord one because the Accord Touring model did not have the "Auto" written on it either. When we checked prices, that piece was 85$! I guess they figure Accord owners have more money. :hmmm?:

My LX one on the left and the CRV one on the right. Identical except the CRV one allows light through. :) The part should cost you about $22. If you get it from CHH you will get the forum discount and it'll be even cheaper.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Test

image.jpg

Last edited:
in the European version of the all the lights))))

Attachments

• IMG_5992.JPG
    IMG_5992.JPG
    577.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5993.JPG
    IMG_5993.JPG
    579.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5996.JPG
    IMG_5996.JPG
    991.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5997.JPG
    IMG_5997.JPG
    652.4 KB · Views: 26
My LX one on the left and the CRV one on the right. Identical except the CRV one allows light through. :) The part should cost you about $22. If you get it from CHH you will get the forum discount and it'll be even cheaper.

View attachment 37292

View attachment 37294

View attachment 37374

Test

View attachment 37376

This looks really good and I'm thinking I might pick up a lighted switch for my Si since the passenger side isn't lit either. Is there a slight color difference? It looks a little grey and mine is black. Is the part number 35760-TR0-A21 ?

This looks really good and I'm thinking I might pick up a lighted switch for my Si since the passenger side isn't lit either. Is there a slight color difference? It looks a little grey and mine is black. Is the part number 35760-TR0-A21 ?
No colour difference. EDIT: upon further inspection there does seem to be a small difference in colour shade.
I don't understand. You have an Si and the driver side controls are not lit?

Last edited:
Back