9th civic front end conversion Q&A

Okay I know what I'm going to do but does anyone know if there are fog light covers for the si sedan bumper? I can't do the fog lights as soon as I would like to but I would like to still mount the si lower trim instead of the non si just so I don't have to spend extra money again in the future.

Since all the Si's come with fog lights I don't think you'll find covers. The other models have different bumpers so I don't think those covers will fit either.

Thanks. Think it would be weird to ride around without the fogs in? It's not like I need them. Just purely asking for aesthetics. Thanks for answering all of my questions as well.

No problem for the questions.

As for looking weird, probably but it won't be forever. Maybe some of the others will have some ideas on how to hide them.

Yes. I called a local honda dealership and they said there are no fog light kits for the si, they are standard equipment, so I need a workaround

Buy from hondapartdeals.com. Go to parts not accessories. And type the information. I bought the lower si grille/foglights for the 2013 sedan. And that's standard equipment. U can get any part here I recommend it totally. Had the same issue when I asked my dealer. These guys will do it.

From this
ytese6uz.jpg

Too this.
uqe3a5e3.jpg

Do you mind telling me what parts you ordered? I'm assuming both fog light covers and garnishes and I see a front lower bumper garnish. Is there anything else?
ydepetez.jpg

All the parts here minus the two harnesses and the switch cause my car came with them. You have a 12 though correct?
Worth every penny such a subtle mode completely transformed the front end. The non si's for the 13/14 year look like their grinning with that huge nasty looking chrome garnish. The si's which I've preferred since day 1 has las chrome and a more aggressive look to it. In no way am I trying to make my car look like a si I just think that front suits the car more and makes it more manly.

Last edited:
u8ysy5at.jpg
a4a8e2u3.jpg
. Never got a good pic but the black plastic thing under the bumper also needs to be bought the EX-L one is different and the si grille garnish won't clip on

u8ysy5at.jpg
a4a8e2u3.jpg
. Never got a good pic but the black plastic thing under the bumper also needs to be bought the EX-L one is different and the si grille garnish won't clip on
Okay I just bought all of the parts you recommended and the body shop bought the sedan is bumper already. So the only question I have left is when I'm ready to hook up the fog lights, are all of the fog light kits honda sells the same harness wise? Since I'm going from a coupe lx front to a si sedan front, could I use the fog kit from the coupe to hook everything up or should I use the sedan kit? I don't want to go through the hassle of making my own harness if I don't have to but if it's easier to, it's not out of the question.

Okay I just bought all of the parts you recommended and the body shop bought the sedan is bumper already. So the only question I have left is when I'm ready to hook up the fog lights, are all of the fog light kits honda sells the same harness wise? Since I'm going from a coupe lx front to a si sedan front, could I use the fog kit from the coupe to hook everything up or should I use the sedan kit? I don't want to go through the hassle of making my own harness if I don't have to but if it's easier to, it's not out of the question.

Every model sedan or coupe si and non si have the same harnesses. Only difference is the bulbs. 2013/14 models. EX-L sedan and coupe and coupe si use H11 bulbs. The si sedan only* uses H8 bulbs which at first I was worried that connections would be different but their a perfect match. It's the opening in the fog light for the bulb is slightly different. I used my oem TOURING EDITION(EX-L) harness and it worked perfect. Got any pics yet of the parts or the installation.

Back