MrsJrotax101's 2013 RR FB6 Build Thread

On a side note, the mugen window visors are on

7ute9e3u.jpg

We're doing HFP most likely. We already have one extreme car, and my 8th gen was completely over-modified to be a nice daily. Been there done that - time to stick with OEM stuff this time around. It'd be nice if mugen released a shock combo like the 8th back in 07.. sadly it most likely will never happen.

The HFP suspension rides great. I really prefer the set on my wifes car to the setup I have, well, especially when the drive is more than 3 hours anyway.

The HFP suspension rides great. I really prefer the set on my wifes car to the setup I have, well, especially when the drive is more than 3 hours anyway.
Your wife has a hfp suspension and you prefer it to your koni setup?

Reactions: Nix
Yes. But I wouldn't change them.

Its a long story but for all the driving we generally do in my car I think the HFP setup would have been perfect. I think her car rides great and handles very very well. It's not even harsh on 40 series tires which should be pretty bumpy. I wanted more of a drop for looks initially.

Don't get me wrong. I love the way my car performs at the Dragon and 90% of the time around town it's great. I just think I got old real fast and the drop is a little much for some of the roads we ran into driving from NY to KY and back a few times. We both get headaches riding in my car for more than a couple hours unless the roads are super smooth.

I think a lot has to do with the stiffness I set them to. I should just back them off a little bit. Also, I put some hard poly bushings in the front LCAs. I think that is the real source of the harsh ride and not the Konis.

It's sort of the same reason I got the extreme category tires. I wanted to know so I bought them. Reading reviews sometimes isn't enough so I bought stuff to see what it's really like.

it'd be interesting to see if adjusting the konis changes the ride enough

Back