What do you do at work? (pics)

I can only imagine the look, because I get it often. it usually looks something like this - :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Followed by this - :barf:

I am an accountant as well. Quite broad compared to what you do. Official title is Business Analyst, but it really is a catch all title that includes Budget Analyst and Financial Analyst. I ended up with the title because I have a strong technical back ground. (about finished with a Masters in Management Info Tech.)

Currently a slave to Becker.

I am an accountant as well. Quite broad compared to what you do. Official title is Business Analyst, but it really is a catch all title that includes Budget Analyst and Financial Analyst. I ended up with the title because I have a strong technical back ground. (about finished with a Masters in Management Info Tech.)

Currently a slave to Becker.

Wow very interesting, I am about to finish my Masters, MBA specifically and will go on to test for either CPA or CFA not sure as to which one just yet. My "official" title is senior tax accountant but like you said its not nearly as broad as what you do.....Accountants for the win! lmao

Wow very interesting, I am about to finish my Masters, MBA specifically and will go on to test for either CPA or CFA not sure as to which one just yet. My "official" title is senior tax accountant but like you said its not nearly as broad as what you do.....Accountants for the win! lmao

BS Finance
MBA
MS-MIT (Spring 2015)
A few classes short at the grad or undergrad level for a degree in Accounting. Obviously CPA eligible though.

Why are you considering a CFA?

My wife is a Staff Accountant as well (dual BS in Accounting and Management Information Systems)

I'm a lead technician for a wind farm. I've had several different industrial jobs over the years like pipefitter, welder, sandlaster, insulator, scaffolding, etc but I really enjoy this one a bit more than the others. Plus the view can be pretty cool sometimes.

BS Finance
MBA
MS-MIT (Spring 2015)
A few classes short at the grad or undergrad level for a degree in Accounting. Obviously CPA eligible though.

My wife is a Staff Accountant as well (dual BS in Accounting and Management Information Systems)

Uhm forensic accounting has just always fascinated me. I took it as an elective when I did my undergrad in accounting and really loved how they look for and catch criminals. One of my In-Laws used to work for the Secret Service in financial crimes and that would be my dream job. Or the FBI. So that's what I am shooting for.....as for your wife, that's awesome I could not have majored in both accounting and MIS. No way.

Uhm forensic accounting has just always fascinated me. I took it as an elective when I did my undergrad in accounting and really loved how they look for and catch criminals. One of my In-Laws used to work for the Secret Service in financial crimes and that would be my dream job. Or the FBI. So that's what I am shooting for.....as for your wife, that's awesome I could not have majored in both accounting and MIS. No way.

Gotcha. In my realm (at least due to my finance degree), a CFA is a Chartered Financial Analyst not a Certified Forensic Accountant. I have never actually heard of that certification. I actually think of the CFF or CFE when it comes to Forensic or Fraud certifications.

The MS-MIT I am working on is essentially an MIS degree, but at the grad level and a with few technical oriented classes thrown in. I just take two classes a semester and it is enough work as it is. Doing the dual undergrad was definitely brutal for her. Speaking of, while I was working on my MBA, I was also taking accounting classes in order to become CPA eligible. I was essentially doing the MBA program and undergrad accounting core classes at the same time...two of each every semester. Try taking Intermediate four years after Intro to Financial.

Gotcha. In my realm (at least due to my finance degree), a CFA is a Chartered Financial Analyst not a Certified Forensic Accountant. I have never actually heard of that certification. I actually think of the CFF or CFE when it comes to Forensic or Fraud certifications.

The MS-MIT I am working on is essentially an MIS degree, but at the grad level and a with few technical oriented classes thrown in. I just take two classes a semester and it is enough work as it is. Doing the dual undergrad was definitely brutal for her. Speaking of, while I was working on my MBA, I was also taking accounting classes in order to become CPA eligible. I was essentially doing the MBA program and undergrad accounting core classes at the same time...two of each every semester. Try taking Intermediate four years after Intro to Financial.

No. That would be an absolute nightmare. Intermediate 1/2 are death courses....:eek: and deserves one of these - :corona: btw I stand corrected, I meant CFE..oops! Ha but yeah I am taking 9 hours per semester and should finish up my MBA fall of next year. :beer:

No. That would be an absolute nightmare. Intermediate 1/2 are death courses....:eek: and deserves one of these - :corona: btw I stand corrected, I meant CFE..oops! Ha but yeah I am taking 9 hours per semester and should finish up my MBA fall of next year. :beer:

If you think Intermediate 1/2 are bad, just wait until you start studying FAR for the CPA exam. End of November is coming too quickly.

hy2a2e8a.jpg

Distracted Flying, sky police haven't got me yet! Lol

Learning to fly whirlybirds now, definitely the coolest flying I've ever done (this one is totally a google photo, realised I've never even taken a photo of the jet ranger myself).
a3asehy5.jpg

BS Finance
MBA
MS-MIT (Spring 2015)

Wow, so many degrees. Just to think I'm barely halfways through getting a BS in accounting and a certificate in Management Info systems. Haha
How long did all this take you?

Wow, so many degrees. Just to think I'm barely halfways through getting a BS in accounting and a certificate in Management Info systems. Haha
How long did all this take you?
By the time I finish my current one, it will be 10 years. The two Masters degrees have been done on a half-time basis though. I will probably finish up a Masters in Accounting after I get my CPA. The classes will count towards CPE credits.

Turned down a very long education in pharmaceuticals and picked up a trade. Currently repair cooking and refrigeration appliances for a living. Nothing special.
emy4yda5.jpg

By the time I finish my current one, it will be 10 years. The two Masters degrees have been done on a half-time basis though. I will probably finish up a Masters in Accounting after I get my CPA. The classes will count towards CPE credits.
That's awesome. So you were working in your profession while you were in school?
Which university do you attend?

That's awesome. So you were working in your profession while you were in school?
Which university do you attend?
I went/go to Indiana University South Bend Judd Leighton School of Business & Economics. It is AACSB Accredited and their MBA students usually rank in the top 10% in the country based on the exit exam.

I was in retail when I decided to go back to school. Then I worked in a brokerage for three years while finishing my Finance Degree and working through most of my MBA. Got an Accounting job at Notre Dame while finishing my MBA. I also spent last year adjunct teaching grad and undergrad accounting classes at IU South Bend.

I'm a branch manager for Goodwill. I manage the location staff and budgeting as well as work on special projects as instructed from the corporate office. I started, but never finished, my degree in mechanical engineering and drafting.

On a side note I see at least 15-20 computers like that a week. People drop them off at work to be recycled.

Back