Honda Shitvic

You asked for it!

Sick HID! Is that 6000k? Also of that is non projector, how do you like it? Can you provide some light output pictures? My next mod is HID. I've debated projector retrofit however I like the way non projector looks and on these gen civic and last, doesn't seem to blind people. Also for the price is great.

Thanks!

Sick HID! Is that 6000k? Also of that is non projector, how do you like it? Can you provide some light output pictures? My next mod is HID. I've debated projector retrofit however I like the way non projector looks and on these gen civic and last, doesn't seem to blind people. Also for the price is great.

Thanks!

These are 6000k 55W HIDs with the stock housing. I'm pretty sure they blind other people though, I would be fine with 5000K 35W HIDs if I had to do it over.
Also, can't seem to get them to show up well in photos. In the one you quoted, one looks yellow even.

Thanks!
Projectors establish a cutoff for the light output so they don't blind people. Stock housings reflect light in all directions and make the HIDs brighter for all oncoming traffic.

Projectors establish a cutoff for the light output so they don't blind people. Stock housings reflect light in all directions and make the HIDs brighter for all oncoming traffic.

Good to know, now I feel bad for everyone else on the road.

It's not too bad in the city, it gets really bad on the highway at night

+1 Especially on all the lifted trucks out here on the prairies...even projectors don't help when their headlights are in line with my roof...

+1 Especially on all the lifted trucks out here on the prairies...even projectors don't help when their headlights are in line with my roof...
It's the same where I work. It's not a problem if they're adjusted correctly but a lot of them just throw on their aftermarket headlights and don't tune the output. Sometimes I wish cops could give tickets for blinding HIDs on those lifted trucks on the highway at night cuz it can be extremely dangerous for the other cars

It's the same where I work. It's not a problem if they're adjusted correctly but a lot of them just throw on their aftermarket headlights and don't tune the output. Sometimes I wish cops could give tickets for blinding HIDs on those lifted trucks on the highway at night cuz it can be extremely dangerous for the other cars

It is actually an illegal modification in many places because you are altering the stock light output, however I have NEVER heard of it being enforced. That and people driving with their highbeams on in the city or not turning them down for oncoming traffic are two of my biggest pet peeves, drives me up the friggin wall!

Last edited:
I've had a cop driving in the opposite lane shine his light at me as he passed by. I thought it was because I was going too fast, but now that I think of it my lights were probably right in his face.

Back