Boosted 8th switching over to the 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait... did you have it painted and installed?

wait... did you have it painted and installed?

I painted the wing and installed it myself. Painting it wasn't THAT bad. Just needed good prep work because of the abs plastic. As far as the install, everything bolted right up, not much was needed. All in all I had one 1 hole on each side of the trunk show. I just used some vinyl and unless you're up close you can't tell it's there

First time ever painting body stuff but here is the result. All the pieces I painted next to the stock wing. I would say it's 99% identical to the paint. If I used another can of clearcoat it probably would have been an exact match, I just didn't want to spend more money for paint. 2 cans of DBP, 1 can of adhesion promoter, 1 can of clear cost me $70.
8C06F437-B644-48B2-8609-57AE006D389B_zpso6ialxum.jpg

Nope, the only time I ever sanded was at the beginning when I was prepping the abs for paint. I wouldn't even call it sanding to be honest.. I just used steel wool to roughen up the surface

$80 for 4 wheels. Not bad :giggle:. These will be the winter wheels I guess. I want something wider, and more aggressive for summer
AD71D338-216B-4BE1-AB80-93439B642EEB_zpsjx8i3i5u.jpg

MB Battles? $80 is a steal!

Nice. I had a boosted 8th gen (sohc) and sold that because I moved up north to CT from FL. figured I would rather have a stock car in the snow with it being my first year ever seeing snow. I'm now a proud owner of the 9th gen Si. Once I move back to FL (or atleast further south) the modding will begin. I was 08WhiteCivic on 8thcivic.

Nice. I had a boosted 8th gen (sohc) and sold that because I moved up north to CT from FL. figured I would rather have a stock car in the snow with it being my first year ever seeing snow. I'm now a proud owner of the 9th gen Si. Once I move back to FL (or atleast further south) the modding will begin. I was 08WhiteCivic on 8thcivic.

Nice!! Welcome to the 9thgen community! How are you liking the car so far?

On another note, those $80 wheels turned out to be MB Weapons which cost $120 a piece. Here is how they look on the car. Holy **** wheel gap lol :deadhorse:
5DF7A4C0-0861-413A-AF58-3C999D592AEB_zpscu8jpph1.jpg

8168186B-0A16-4293-9C0C-83A349C79C61_zpsiwiushi7.jpg

4CD0EE8A-D2CB-4AC8-B79E-AAB0D23B5498_zpscninh1ff.jpg

Annnnnnd this happened as well today.. Fg2 spoiler :D. I didn't bolt it down or anything. That's why it looks a bit off but at least we get the idea.

D98F7738-41CC-4DFC-89DC-465AB38E876A_zpsav0dy2ma.jpg

558C4ACE-E911-4FC2-AC79-7A2E389C8C99_zps8tbgtscj.jpg

30B22861-D639-498D-BBC2-EAF106A8EBD6_zpsi1ej8wjf.jpg

It looks like the trunk isn't as wide as the FG trunk. You'll eventually find the right spoiler!

It looks like the trunk isn't as wide as the FG trunk. You'll eventually find the right spoiler!

The trunk is 1/4in smaller. I think I can make this work.. My game plan is buying a garnish from an ex/lx civic (doesn't have a brake light). Trim an 1/8in from each side of the end mounting points of the spoiler to make it sit flush with the end of the trunk, then paint it DBP. It's currently NHPB.

Thoughts and opinions on how this one looks though? I kinda seem to like it.. It's not huge like the mugen wing and it's almost Oem looking but certainly different

i love my Si... but i miss Kimber too. Ill get my new car Khaleesi to look as good as I had my 8th gen.

Attachments

• Kimber.jpg
    Kimber.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 28
That was a nice car. I remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back