Boosted 8th switching over to the 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripply

Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself. My real name is Petar, I am from Bulgaria but live in PA. If you are or have been on 8thcivic you may have seen me as ripply. I used to have a 2007 GG coupe turbo 8thgen that was at 423whp/285wtq on 9psi. I was planning on going built block because the power had gotten boring after a year. Long story short, I ended up getting an offer I could refuse on the car and ended up selling it for 15K.. Meanwhile I had another bone stock 8thgen which I had bought in July with a blown motor. I ended up rebuilding the block and trading that car in for a brand new 9thgen which I bought a month ago.

I do have plans on boosting this car as well, but I plan on taking my time and doing everything at once because I will get bored of the car and end up selling it.

Edit: lol so it's been a month of ownership and the car has 1.5K miles already. I couldn't resist myself and already bough an Invidia Q300, intercooler and Piping, Precision 6262, Mini h1 projectors. I'm ordering the PRL hot side around Christmas time. I'm doing my retrofit next week most likely, I think I'll be the first person to do so on the 2014 Si Coupe as I haven't seen any posted anywhere.

Onto some pictures..

How it sat when it was sold.. The guy in the background was the buyerhttp://www.***************/forum/images/smilies/giggle.gif

The one thing I will miss most is the dash of the 8thgen with the xlr8 gauge pod.

Now onto the new car

It's still a bit smaller than my last one lol. I had a Borg Warner S362 on my 8thgen. The thing barely cleared back there. But thank you. I'm looking forward to see what kind of power this car will make come spring

welcome to the forum.

we know it's possible to make insane power courtesy of bisimoto :

6292270163_24eba74c72_o.jpg

The Bisimoto Engineering 2012 Honda Civic produced 1004 horsepower and 623LB-Ft of torque… One-thousand and four horsepower K24!…

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/t...g-2012-honda-civic-sema-build-revealed….2919/

Less than 2 hr away from me. I'm in Scranton.:)

welcome to the forum.

we know it's possible to make insane power courtesy of bisimoto :

6292270163_24eba74c72_o.jpg

The Bisimoto Engineering 2012 Honda Civic produced 1004 horsepower and 623LB-Ft of torque… One-thousand and four horsepower K24!…

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/the-bisimoto-engineering-2012-honda-civic-sema-build-revealed….2919/

Thank you! Still getting used to the new layout of the website for sure! It is incredible what these k24's are capable of producing especially torque wise.. I will definitely give that thread a good read tonight, unfortunately I won't be looking to make that much power lol. This car is and will be my daily. I'm mostly looking to hit numbers similar to Tyone (six_speed_daemon). That is plenty to destroy 99.9% of cars on the road while still being very reliable and fun daily.

Less than 2 hr away from me. I'm in Scranton.:)
Nice! I actually drove past Scranton and Wilkes Barre two weeks ago when I was coming back from Albany, NY. The car was a champ, got 36mpg which I was very pleased with

36mpg? My best was 31 and I was driving like an old grandma. Right now it's usually 28.7mpg highway with come city driving.

36mpg? My best was 31 and I was driving like an old grandma. Right now it's usually 28.7mpg highway with come city driving.
I was driving very conservatively because I was still breaking in the car. But you have to remember this was a 380 mile trip and it was all highway driving. Otherwise now that the car is broken in and I'm doing my every day things, I get about 26-28mpg combined city and highway depending on much vtec I hit on my commute to work and school.

Yeah same as me. I hit Vtec like a mad man sometimes.:vtec:

Welcome. Nice collection of cars! Very interested to see what you end up doing with this one.

Welcome. Nice collection of cars! Very interested to see what you end up doing with this one.
Shank you!!

Nice old cars cant wait to see what happens with this one. Will be following for sure. Im working on a k24/k20 built turbo 8th gen sedan.
I can't wait either honestly. This platform just like the 8th has a lot of potential. Why did you decide to do a k24/k20 turbo build over a k20 built block turbo setup

I can't wait either honestly. This platform just like the 8th has a lot of potential. Why did you decide to do a k24/k20 turbo build over a k20 built block turbo setup

I figured if i do it right ill vituarlly no lag with a built k24 on 11:1 CR with the right cams and all that. So its just a matter of trying to build the ultimate 8th gen. I already have 10k in her plus the 15 i bought her for and im far from done. So yea sorry when i start talking about my car i dont know when to stop sometimes lol.

I figured if i do it right ill vituarlly no lag with a built k24 on 11:1 CR with the right cams and all that. So its just a matter of trying to build the ultimate 8th gen. I already have 10k in her plus the 15 i bought her for and im far from done. So yea sorry when i start talking about my car i dont know when to stop sometimes lol.

Don't want to piss in your parade, but wouldn't be cheaper to buy older gen Civic and build that one with K24 motor.

Don't want to piss in your parade, but wouldn't be cheaper to buy older gen Civic and build that one with K24 motor.

Of corse it would. But would it be cheaper to alot of things. Lol but thanks for your input, ill probally get a old eg hatch and throw my k20z3 in and who knows what will happen.

Meh. It'd cheaper to buy a 2G GSX that'd be faster. Sometimes you just want to enjoy your car.

X2 lol I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back