DIY First Ever 2014 Coupe Mini H1 Retrofit DIY

please just take my $$$ and make me these lol looks great bro! and another blue coupe like mine...excellent!

please just take my $$$ and make me these lol looks great bro! and another blue coupe like mine...excellent!

Thank you!! It's not that hard to make them just take your time, especially If it's your first time. Buy a spare set of headlights, set aside the whole weekend and do it.

I'm highly debating of buying a spare set of lights and doing a retrofit that will copy the Type R headlights since they have the same shape :/

Here is an updated pic of how my front end looks. Waiting to install HFP lip kit and cs2 lip
128FED25-32FD-4E40-A124-797612623868_zps1ebj5xfm.png

I thought I liked working on my car (bolt-ons, etc.). The retrofit is addicting. I'm wrapping up my first one and already planning what to do with the spare set of headlights. Thanks everyone for the helpful posts.

I would attempt to do this but an extra set of headlights would run me about $600 at the dealer...and I'm not sure where else to get a spare set

I thought I liked working on my car (bolt-ons, etc.). The retrofit is addicting. I'm wrapping up my first one and already planning what to do with the spare set of headlights. Thanks everyone for the helpful posts.

Post some result :wavey:

I would attempt to do this but an extra set of headlights would run me about $600 at the dealer...and I'm not sure where else to get a spare set

Sadly until depot lights become available there is no other place to get headlghts for our cars. majestic honda offers them for about $220 a piece which is still a lot

I bought a pair of TYC NSF certified from rockauto for $225 a pair. Seem to be good quality and OEM fitment.

Hi,
I am completely new here to the forum. Migrated from Club RSX, and just bought a 2015 Si. I had retrofitted my RSX and I would love to do the same thing to my civic. What projectors did you get? When I did my retrofit back in 2009 it was very different and involved way more sanding and cutting. From your pictures it looks like the process has gotten a lot easier. I'm curious where you got the projectors and whether or not 2015 and 2014 have the same headlamps. If so, this is going to be fun. Thanks!

Hi,
I am completely new here to the forum. Migrated from Club RSX, and just bought a 2015 Si. I had retrofitted my RSX and I would love to do the same thing to my civic. What projectors did you get? When I did my retrofit back in 2009 it was very different and involved way more sanding and cutting. From your pictures it looks like the process has gotten a lot easier. I'm curious where you got the projectors and whether or not 2015 and 2014 have the same headlamps. If so, this is going to be fun. Thanks!
Theretrofitsource.com - mini h1 projectors is what they used.

Webby is correct. TRS sells the best quality projectors and hid kits. If you want to save some money, I suggest looking into the Texenon Mini H1 projectors. This is what I bought.. They are half the price of the Morimoto projectors, made in the US, and have an amazing light output.

A company in China copied the 4th generation mini h1 TRS projector & began selling it all over. You can find them now for around 30 some dollars all over Amazon and eBay. To combat the replicas, TRS made changes & put a hologram on theirs. The texenon ones are no different, besides being placed in a branded box.

Quite off topic but I really like the way you mounted your Hella Horns. Did you have to fabricate a bracket for those?

Quite off topic but I really like the way you mounted your Hella Horns. Did you have to fabricate a bracket for those?

I did but it's very simple. Basically looks like this (ignore the dots)
\........../
O-----O

I did but it's very simple. Basically looks like this (ignore the dots)
\........../
O-----O

Ok, thanks. I currently have mine mounted in the oem spots. The upper one hits the radiator cooling plate but the lower one is fine. I like the look of having them front and center and not rubbing/hitting anything. Will probably borrow your mounting design, if you don't mind. Did you weld the mount together or use nuts and bolts? Or if its not too much trouble could you get a pic of it?

Back