DIY First Ever 2014 Coupe Mini H1 Retrofit DIY

Discussion in 'Lighting DIY' started by ripply, Dec 6, 2014.

1. ripply

ripply Well-Known Member

Zoom in to see it. I just used the stock bolts and the nuts on the back of the horns, I made three brackets which I cut/drilled. One bracket goes at the stock mounting spot, the second bracket connects the two horns to make sure they have even space/height. For the third bracket I bent it at the end in a way so it would sit flush with the rad bracket.

[​IMG]

2. Sarcras

Sarcras Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    FB6
    That is great work. Thank you so much for the pic. And since this thread was originally about your retrofit, congrats on that. They look absolutely amazing!

3. Chambers805

Chambers805 Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic SI
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    Looks great, i love that color..i couldn't find my coupe in that blue so i got the orange fire pearl. I wish i could get those headlights you should patent and mass produce :P

4. ripply

ripply Well-Known Member

No point unless I designed my own parts/headlight. Retrofitting has been out for a looooong time. Anyone can do it :shrug:

5. Chambers805

Chambers805 Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic SI
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    Nah this is ain't like ratatouille and cooking not everyone can cook let alone mod like this, i would **** something up in the process if i tried but i so would buy a set if it was already done. props playa

6. ripply

ripply Well-Known Member

Where are you located? If you are somewhere close to PA I'd be willing to make the drive and help you out

7. zrksi

zrksi Well-Known Member

Hey man, first just wanna say thanks for this writeup! I have a 15 coupe as well and while the sedan DIY was nice, I was still nervous about going ahead with this.

Quick question though, for anyone who knows. I really don't want to paint my housing but i'm wondering if the reflective housing will cause problems with the cutoff line even with a projector?

8. webby
    • Staff
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

it won't. You can leave the oem chrome housing unpainted and it won't cause any issue with cutoff or performance

zrksi likes this.
  9. snahfu

snahfu Well-Known Member

can you update your account so i can view the pictures? thanks man

10. ron v
    • Supporting Member

ron v The Forum Idiot

Vehicle Model:
    Civic
    Body Style:
    Si Coupe
    He hasn’t been on in almost a year.

11. webby
    • Staff
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

http://9thcivic.com/forum/conversations/add?to=ripply
    if you send him a pm ^ with that link it should send him an email to give him notice you're looking to see if he has his pics.