DIY First Ever 2014 Coupe Mini H1 Retrofit DIY

Zoom in to see it. I just used the stock bolts and the nuts on the back of the horns, I made three brackets which I cut/drilled. One bracket goes at the stock mounting spot, the second bracket connects the two horns to make sure they have even space/height. For the third bracket I bent it at the end in a way so it would sit flush with the rad bracket.

B9DF3958-3949-4F8A-A9FC-2BBA1C05F74C_zpsbowaip9c.jpg

That is great work. Thank you so much for the pic. And since this thread was originally about your retrofit, congrats on that. They look absolutely amazing!

Looks great, i love that color..i couldn't find my coupe in that blue so i got the orange fire pearl. I wish i could get those headlights you should patent and mass produce :P

Looks great, i love that color..i couldn't find my coupe in that blue so i got the orange fire pearl. I wish i could get those headlights you should patent and mass produce :P

No point unless I designed my own parts/headlight. Retrofitting has been out for a looooong time. Anyone can do it :shrug:

No point unless I designed my own parts/headlight. Retrofitting has been out for a looooong time. Anyone can do it :shrug:

Nah this is ain't like ratatouille and cooking not everyone can cook let alone mod like this, i would **** something up in the process if i tried but i so would buy a set if it was already done. props playa

Nah this is ain't like ratatouille and cooking not everyone can cook let alone mod like this, i would **** something up in the process if i tried but i so would buy a set if it was already done. props playa
Where are you located? If you are somewhere close to PA I'd be willing to make the drive and help you out

Hey man, first just wanna say thanks for this writeup! I have a 15 coupe as well and while the sedan DIY was nice, I was still nervous about going ahead with this.

Quick question though, for anyone who knows. I really don't want to paint my housing but i'm wondering if the reflective housing will cause problems with the cutoff line even with a projector?

Hey man, first just wanna say thanks for this writeup! I have a 15 coupe as well and while the sedan DIY was nice, I was still nervous about going ahead with this.

Quick question though, for anyone who knows. I really don't want to paint my housing but i'm wondering if the reflective housing will cause problems with the cutoff line even with a projector?
it won't. You can leave the oem chrome housing unpainted and it won't cause any issue with cutoff or performance

Back