Engine knock

Yea I know man. I guess each car acts different. It doesn't make sense to me either. I'm going back to stock and I'm gonna let honda investigate it. I'll sell the parts whether they fix it or not. I just want a normal car now after this scare.

Of course, you could always consider an upgrade of the internals at this point!

Of course, you could always consider an upgrade of the internals at this point!
Haha I wish I'm just going to go ahead and not mess with cars anymore i wanna settle down get a nice family car and move into a house for me and my little boy and wife that's my goal now.

I was tuning local to get my car going with a local tuner he has experience with Hondas his name is huy tran he's with inline racing.

Nonetheless, I'd go with a second opinion aka Vit

Not that I doubt Mr tran but sometimes even the most savvy miss things

Secondary but I hear and feel the physical knock. My car is out of warranty 60,000 miles

Also just got a new car a subaru crosstrek for the family and I might get another si later in the future

Like you traded the civic in?
Yea I put it back to stock and sold it to honda they sold me a car that had a problem without telling me they screwed me. So I screwed them back this dealer ship is shady man it was big star honda. But it's ok I screwed them back

Yea I put it back to stock and sold it to honda they sold me a car that had a problem without telling me they screwed me. So I screwed them back this dealer ship is shady man it was big star honda. But it's ok I screwed them back
So you had 60k miles on your car, put a bunch of bolt ons and a ecu tune, got a knock, and told the dealership it was their fault?

So you had 60k miles on your car, put a bunch of bolt ons and a ecu tune, got a knock, and told the dealership it was their fault?
No not what happened my car has had a knock from what my tuner said and he said he could fix it once I install my bolt ons and I installed everything checked it out re tuned and it was not good I changed everything out reduced the knock swapped spark plugs better fuel and sent it with honda and they said they wouldn't warranty it and to just trade it in.

How many miles did it have on it? I guess I see both sides on that one. It was out of warranty. But if it had a knock already why didnt you take it to the dealer sooner? Even if it was under warranty they would deny the claim because it had been modded.

Last edited:
How many miles did it have on it? I guess I see both sides on that one. It was out of warranty. But if it had a knock already why didnt you take it to the dealer sooner? Even if it was under warranty they would deny the claim because it had been modded.
Yea they were nice but I've been in a bad mood all week because of it. I wish I would've but I didn't know it was a knock it was loud enough to hear it until recent. My new ride for the family.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
Yea they were nice but I've been in a bad mood all week because of it. I wish I would've but I didn't know it was a knock it was loud enough to hear it until recent. My new ride for the family.
Man that sucks all the way around :( still ive heard those crosstreks are pretty sweet

Indeed, sucky all the way 'round. Hope you have better luck with the new cars man. Take care and stick around if you feel like it. Keep us up to date on the new rides and such. Especially if you get back into a new Honda at some point.

Oh I'm sticking around I still want to have a supercharged 9thgen eventually I want to keep up with you guys plus I have a few parts for sale too :)

Reactions: Nix
Oh I'm sticking around I still want to have a supercharged 9thgen eventually I want to keep up with you guys plus I have a few parts for sale too :)
Next time have vit check it out. I had my car dynoed by a "world class tuner" and it just didnt feel right.. Vit looked at it and saw it wasnt right.. He got the car running great.. He knows these cars and flashpro very well..

Next time have vit check it out. I had my car dynoed by a "world class tuner" and it just didnt feel right.. Vit looked at it and saw it wasnt right.. He got the car running great.. He knows these cars and flashpro very well..

He is just an expert with our cars all around. Wouldnt want anyone else tuning it!

Back