Check this cheap exhaust bell mouth downpipe under $200

That's a really good price. Wonder how it will perform compared to brand name down pipes... you do have a flash pro right? You will need a tune to go with that catless down pipe.

I'm not sure what to say about those welds. When you receive yours, feel free to post some pics.

Eh, it's a steel pipe that goes under the car, kind of hard to mess it up lol and doesn't really matter what it looks like. As long as it performs and holds up I'm actually interested to know.

Eh, it's a steel pipe that goes under the car, kind of hard to mess it up lol and doesn't really matter what it looks like. As long as it performs and holds up I'm actually interested to know.

Take a look at Full Race and SKunk2 DP and then look at the one posted above.

That's what I was trying to say. The welds don't look as good, but that's not an indication of strength, just cosmetic. And IMHO, cosmetics mean nothing on exhaust piping.

Poor welds usually mean that fusion lacks between two metal parts. Meaning that the structure of the welded metal isn't going to be as robust as intended. It will cause the welds to possibly crack off from the metal and will cause the part to not last that long.

Thats the reason why I want to see more pics.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

dp-070-3.jpg

I am no expert on welding, but those welds do look a bit shoddy. The one for the hanger looks a bit small to me. I would be curious about the thickness of the steel as well.

I know what they say, but I've always used chinese replicas headers in my hondas and have never been cracked, work just like skunk or fullrace, it not looks really good but is deffinitely works fine.

when I get it in my hands I will show detailed photos, I can see that is welded inside and outside at the couplings.

Ill chiime in here, since I do weld and know a thing or two about it, those welds for an exhaust are unacceptable. I have the full-race dp and the welds are clean and have not traces of slag (bubbling weld). These welds on the cheaper pipe worry me, whos to say they are not gonna crack due to imperfections in the weld that you may not be able to see? Notice as well that the welds are not perfectly straight, crooked in some parts, this should be a red flag. I would put this on a 93 civic. Not a 2012 and up. Your K24 requires quality, and you've got to pay to play sometimes. For pipes like this, looks DO count.

Last edited:
look at the weld here at the top, notice the difference? no bubbling nor is there at any point where you can tell the welder stopped and picked up his weld. The other pipe there is an obvious point where you can see this honda-9th-gen-civic-si-3-all-motor-downpipe-2012-content-11.jpg

how many horsepower gain with fine welds?? that's my point. If you want to pay alot of money for a expensive piece that another cheap do the same is your choice. I understand that some parts should be of good quality but not a header for me. Maybe injectors, ECU or other important performance parts should be of good quality branded.

how many horsepower gain with fine welds?? that's my point. If you want to pay alot of money for a expensive piece that another cheap do the same is your choice. I understand that some parts should be of good quality but not a header for me. Maybe injectors, ECU or other important performance parts should be of good quality branded.

Because do you know what happens when your pipe cracks and your doing 80 on the interstate and dont know it? It is only a matter of time before those shitty welds do just that

Wow, sorry guys. I don't know anything about welding, I was just assuming. Thanks for the info about welds and what to look for though. Will make my life easier when picking parts :)

:1: Also, on other thing then I promise I am done. Older hondas have the header in the front of the motor where you can inspect for leaks and cracks etc. But for how the K24 sits, there is no way to do that. Its one thing to risk a $600 B series engine. It's a whole different game when you buy into the K

Back