323's Build

no cleaning kit? It's amazing what the kits can do for that type of filter
Well like Christian said, it was a little melted too. The other side of the filter has a big dent in it from leaning against a metal bracket, so I just decided to change it. Got the new filter for less than $20 so not bad.

c4ee15fa58c676436c7e37505c0e3c7f.jpg

Just dropped off a couple of things this morning
What kind of tires are those @323? Are they Pilot Super Sports?

0ffc1821466faf89d9e8e40da043184d.jpg

Also replaced my air filter... This one used to be red

I am curious how mines looks in comparison to your since they have been on for about the same amount of time.

Just got back from the dealership from an oil change. When i went to pick up the car, they showed me 2 things.

1. Two of the techs there recommended i switch from 0-20 oil to 5-20. More pressure in the engine from the supercharger is causing small oil leaks coming out of the valve cover and oil pressure sensor. They said the slightly thicker oil will solve that. So just wanted to put that out there for all those going with boost kits.

2. More seriously, I have a slight leak coming from the trans axle. More torque + stiffer motor mount caused it most likely. Parts and labor they quoted me $264. Not sure what I'm going to do about that one...

Just got back from the dealership from an oil change. When i went to pick up the car, they showed me 2 things.

1. Two of the techs there recommended i switch from 0-20 oil to 5-20. More pressure in the engine from the supercharger is causing small oil leaks coming out of the valve cover and oil pressure sensor. They said the slightly thicker oil will solve that. So just wanted to put that out there for all those going with boost kits.

2. More seriously, I have a slight leak coming from the trans axle. More torque + stiffer motor mount caused it most likely. Parts and labor they quoted me $264. Not sure what I'm going to do about that one...

1. The oil is no big deal, but I wonder if an aftermarket seal of some sort or torquing those spots down a little more would help.

2. Thinking of doing it yourself? You checked to see if there are any upgraded aftermarkets ones available?

1. The oil is no big deal, but I wonder if an aftermarket seal of some sort or torquing those spots down a little more would help.

2. Thinking of doing it yourself? You checked to see if there are any upgraded aftermarkets ones available?
I know the oil is no big deal, just figured I'd put it out there.

I think the trans seal will be a bit beyond me. The axle and trans are fine, just the seal that needs replacing. Are you talking about an aftermarket seal?

I know the oil is no big deal, just figured I'd put it out there.

I think the trans seal will be a bit beyond me. The axle and trans are fine, just the seal that needs replacing. Are you talking about an aftermarket seal?

A seal really isn't that hard. Pull the axle out and pry the seal out. Pop a new one in. Pretty much the same as doing a crankshaft seal. Search YouTube.

Reactions: 323
I would also maybe as Axion for some input on the issue and if they have considered it and any mitigation issues.

A seal really isn't that hard. Pull the axle out and pry the seal out. Pop a new one in. Pretty much the same as doing a crankshaft seal. Search YouTube.
Just watched a video on how to do it, seems pretty easy, a lot of steps but it's easy enough.
Suspension, brakes, axle and seal. Only $9 for the seal on CHH

Just watched a video on how to do it, seems pretty easy, a lot of steps but it's easy enough.
Suspension, brakes, axle and seal. Only $9 for the seal on CHH
Yep. The rest of the cost you were quoted is a lot of money just for labor.

Back