Nate's 15 focus st1 build

nat3d

Wait, I don't drive a civic anymore....
Adams MA
Vehicle Model
Ford Focus ST
Body Style
Hatch
So a few of you know me and know that I have been kicking around these pages for a while. The reason I was here was for my rr 2012 lx. As of today I no longer own that. Today I grabbed a 2015 ford focus st1 and I'll keep you guys updated on my progress on my new build.
Please enjoy :)
8790843adb26c25d227c713092cfcf28.jpg

a61060314bb39e6e691946edd78fbc5c.jpg

Debadged and muted st emblems 7/24/15
Tint 7/30/15
Cobb 3" catback 9/10/15
Boomba short throw shifter. 10/29/15
Turbosmart 50/50 bov 4/?/16
Roush cai 5/13/16

Last edited:
Congrats on the new car man! How you liking that power so far? Probably feel pretty good. Hopefully you're already looking into snow tires as a "first mod" or a second car for the winter. hahaha.... NE winter driving is rough!

Congrats on the car. I'll be interested to see your opinions from a former Honda owner. I've never been a Ford fanatic but this car sure is tempting. Enjoy!

Thank you guys! and yeah I need to find a set of all seasons or snows for the winter but I'll tell you what I now know what I was missing by driving an automatic. Stick is so fun.

Reactions: Nix
Congrats on the ST! I was looking at them and they are a blast to drive with that torque and almost wish I bought one instead. Love my Honda just needs more powa! Cobb Access Port would be my first buy on the ST though. Enjoy it!

Congrats. Do you plan to do much to it?
My benchmark goal is 300whp so roughly 340 345hp. I'll be happy with 300 at the crank though for a while. Starting off with tint. Then mbrp exhaust, steeda fmic, tial or turbosmart bov, and I think the cpe intake. Then a flash.

Yeah I think that mod list would get you there. I had a 300whp cobalt and I loved that thing. Very similar to the ST. As per my username I obviously miss the torque.

My cobalt was an absolute monster at track. I highly recommend nitto NT-05s or 01s if you have pure track wheels. I never lost grip with those and they were dead silent even on high G turns.

For the focus, a friend of mine at the track has a 400hp one he was running in a higher group than me and was hanging in there with some really fast cars. He was on stock suspension and tires which just boggled my mind.

Yeah I think that mod list would get you there. I had a 300whp cobalt and I loved that thing. Very similar to the ST. As per my username I obviously miss the torque.

My cobalt was an absolute monster at track. I highly recommend nitto NT-05s or 01s if you have pure track wheels. I never lost grip with those and they were dead silent even on high G turns.

For the focus, a friend of mine at the track has a 400hp one he was running in a higher group than me and was hanging in there with some really fast cars. He was on stock suspension and tires which just boggled my mind.
Really? Lol I guess on this platform 400hp isn't an insane goal to hit. I don't track this it's my daily. :)

Really? Lol I guess on this platform 400hp isn't an insane goal to hit. I don't track this it's my daily. :)
Yeah as far as he was telling me, the biggest gains are from FMIC and exhaust. BoV might hurt it. I know a recirculation kit was stock on the cobalt and BOV was not recommended. Although it could be different with the ecoboost.

Yeah as far as he was telling me, the biggest gains are from FMIC and exhaust. BoV might hurt it. I know a recirculation kit was stock on the cobalt and BOV was not recommended. Although it could be different with the ecoboost.
I'm researching the bov options now and it doesn't seem to hurt performance. The turbosmart unit is cool because it's both a bypass and a bov. It's a 50 50 split in to the atmosphere and back in to the intake

Reactions: Nix
If you plan on turning up boost for hp then get an aftermarket of some kind. You may be fine for awhile without one but factory units tend to leak quicker as they are designed for a stock motor/psi levels. Just my 2cents

Nice....good color too. Can the stripes be removed?

Also if you follow me on instagram you know I muted and debadged yesterday.
a4dcfb8b4dcf9243ba5cde8e8fd8acda.jpg
bc626567e9a2a02a7843fa58e845634a.jpg

Back