Honda Confirms Type-R For U.S. At Civic Concept Debut

69cb66667fe36ba6548674abd0f5cc09.jpg

cf5919c6832014567772e0f6b25d121a.jpg

5ff0a9731ee8f67e0e02542e08fda024.jpg

b0f70ddb21d8b8a2f2dffdc096e83bb0.jpg

9fef9658edd159744f81b802d539bf69.jpg

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7224913-Honda-Civic-Type-R-2016-Testdrive

[emoji14]opcorn::wink1:
Glad to see VW vortex hasn't changed since I left in 2004. [emoji57]

audio sounds like he's really letting off the gas at the end of the m3 lap. When he's saying "what's the lap time ...what's the lap time". Still shows that the r is a close match for cars that cost well above its price point.

I saw that vid this past weekend. I was kinda shocked at the results.

It would def be a tough call between the M3 and Type R if you take the $$ out of the equation.

ok so whats the deal with the Type R? im reading so many reports that were not getting the hatchback and were getting a lame toned down motor? my deposit is up in the air cause i dont have any clear answers

ok so whats the deal with the Type R? im reading so many reports that were not getting the hatchback and were getting a lame toned down motor? my deposit is up in the air cause i dont have any clear answers
Off the top, the USA rarely gets anything but the cut down versions of most EU releases, speaking of the engine bay. We use to be so far behind EU for road course suspension and sporty body styling, but now the looks are matching globally, but WE the USA have not shown enough interest in suspension & engine performance to make the manufactures releasing what it gives the other Countries to give us the same..... There's no other reason we don't have what EU has. Exception to engines due to our EPA, not that EU isn't controlling their engines as well.
Hope everyone that wants a Type R gets it, EU style........

like im so on the fence right now about pulling my deposit and buying a S2000, im so torn. i dont wanna be let down by the Type R, but i dont wanna be let down if it IS the good type R

no way of knowing besides waiting right now. Multiple sources within honda have said it'll be 2017 for the R to be available to the US, ....and it's unknown WHEN in 2017.

Off the top, the USA rarely gets anything but the cut down versions of most EU releases, speaking of the engine bay. We use to be so far behind EU for road course suspension and sporty body styling, but now the looks are matching globally, but WE the USA have not shown enough interest in suspension & engine performance to make the manufactures releasing what it gives the other Countries to give us the same..... There's no other reason we don't have what EU has. Exception to engines due to our EPA, not that EU isn't controlling their engines as well.
Hope everyone that wants a Type R gets it, EU style........

There is also the "money factor" as well. Euro cars get more goodies in their cars but they are also priced higher. This "money factor" comes into play in the sense that European people seem to not have as big of an issue with the Sticker Price on the cars. This new Type R is 30,000.00 pounds and most, if not all, have already been bought or have a deposit down on them. Americans will/do have an issue with the sticker price that will come out. You already are hearing people say "I won't pay $30,000 for a Civic".

If it comes out to be $30k to $35k for this car, I would say that it is a very reasonable price.

Ain't gonna happen my friend.
Oh I know. Even though cars are the cheapest in US, dealerships will most likely price gouge the hell out of these cars. Like when the R35 GTRs started sales in 2007.

Back