Honda Confirms Type-R For U.S. At Civic Concept Debut

As far as I know the type R will be the same for both Europe and America (the engine is actually being assembled here) . The Si is the one that will have the watered down engine (1.5L turbo)

As far as I know the type R will be the same for both Europe and America
Two honda sources have recently said this isn't the case. There will be an R, but not the R we saw unveiled for Europe. The engine may be identical, but the cars won't be.

I have seen articles online were it was that stated that the Type R the US will be getting is going to be the "global" car. Basically saying that there will be 1 Type R for the world.

So if that holds true, since I did not look on when the article was published, then the Type R hatch that is available in the UK will be a 2-3 year run.

I call bullshit. How do you have a deposit on a car that doesn't even have a release date nor exact U.S specs.

its quite easy. you go into the Honda Dealer, you ask to talk to the finance manager, you talk to him. tell him you wanna throw a deposit down for the new CTR. he takes your money. you are no X in line to get one as soon is its released/ expected to release.

a guy here threw a 100K deposit at the Acura dealer to secure his new NSX, whenever it is scheduled to be released

its quite easy. you go into the Honda Dealer, you ask to talk to the finance manager, you talk to him. tell him you wanna throw a deposit down for the new CTR. he takes your money. you are no X in line to get one as soon is its released/ expected to release.

a guy here threw a 100K deposit at the Acura dealer to secure his new NSX, whenever it is scheduled to be released
I still don't believe that man I've called all Honda dealers here and no one is taking deposits for a car that for 1 has no release date and 2 we have no specs or U.S model confirmed yet

Then I guess my local dealers are just being assholes.

This is most likely. They probably think you are some 16 year old with all kinds of hopes and dreams with a drawer full of crusty socks from pictures of the CTR. If you want them to take you seriously walk in there and ask to speak to a finance manager. I personally wouldn't put a deposit down with out any confirmation of when the car is scheduled to be released.

On a cool note, I know for a fact Honda Performance Development will be running CTRs in teh Continental Tire Sports Car series next year.

I still don't believe that man I've called all Honda dealers here and no one is taking deposits for a car that for 1 has no release date and 2 we have no specs or U.S model confirmed yet

theres your problem right there. 99.9% of people who call are just window shopping time wasters. no one takes you serious. walk in to the dealer with cash or a checkbook. see how their tone changes.

i still find it funny that 70-80 percent of you see the 30k pound or euro price tag. and somehow think it will convert that simple over to dollars and that the type R will be 45-50k dollars. lmfao.

i bet it starts at 34k

i still find it funny that 70-80 percent of you see the 30k pound or euro price tag. and somehow think it will convert that simple over to dollars and that the type R will be 45-50k dollars. lmfao.

i bet it starts at 34k
are you considering the thought of purchasing the r when it comes out?

are you considering the thought of purchasing the r when it comes out?

sure ill consider it. But not sure what to do with my car. it'd be a shame to disassemble it. i'd like to sell it whole.

i also love the new 2016 subaru sti hyperblue color.

Currently in Ireland and the local Honda dealership has a list price of 48,275 Euro on the Type R whereas the standard Civic starts at 21,500 Euro.

I'm sure that high price of the Type R might include bringing it over the Ireland from the UK.

Currently in Ireland and the local Honda dealership has a list price of 48,275 Euro on the Type R whereas the standard Civic starts at 21,500 Euro.

I'm sure that high price of the Type R might include bringing it over the Ireland from the UK.
and how'd the test drive go!!!!???

and how'd the test drive go!!!!???

I wish! I just looked on their site after I drove by the place yesterday. I don't think they even have it on site.

All the dealerships around here have 30 cars, max.

Back