Revised Injen Intake for K24Z7

PASCIAK

AZ9thSi #001
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
So I came across this intake and I was hoping to get more information on it. I havent seen it before and I havent seen it in the list for all the intakes available for the 2012+ Civic Si. As for the design it does look promising in regards to comparing it to the PRL CAI, and the Skunk2 CAI. MANUFACTURER PART # SP1575BLK

If anyone has information on this intake can you please chime in thanks!
@VitViper

Link to the Item

Attachments

• 2906_3.jpg
    2906_3.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 88
  • INJ-SP1575P_03.jpg
    INJ-SP1575P_03.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 84
This was their original CAI made for 9th gen Version 1

dyno6.sized.jpg

injen_new_sp1579.jpg

The air filter was sitting very close to radiator so instead of getting cold air your engine would get hot air.

Last year they released their another CAI version 2

33544_303___Product.jpg

33545_303___Image 2.jpg

Majority of the people buy PRL or Skunk2 CAI. Vit recommends PRL cold air intake

@Michal006 i knew of the old version and about the hot air issue. just very curious about what the gains would be like compared to the skunk2 and prl only because theyre very close in design. stock manifold kit from prl is 399. this one i believe in 329, and skunk2 not sure. just trying to figure out the best price per horsepower. otherwise i might just design my own off the PRL kit. Do you know of anyone who has this intake installed and tuned

Looks very similar to the same kind of intake available from PRL or others, but knowing Injen it's only 3" while PRL is 3.5" and cheaper.

@323 PRL are selling for 399.99 and Injen is 329.99. im just curious if i spend the money, is PRL going to yield 2-3 more hp over the injen it wouldnt be worth it to me. Im honestly thinking about just buying some pipe and designing it myself an using PRL as my foundation

Reactions: Nix
I would stick with the PRL since it is 3.5", more metal than silicone tubing, and comes with a SS clutch line. Plus PRL's battery tray looks more solid.

the point is everyone is trying to direct OP to get PRL base off what ??

the video clearly shows a how fast 9th gen civic si can be with injen cai

the point is everyone is trying to direct OP to get PRL base off what ??

the video clearly shows a how fast 9th gen civic si can be with injen cai

I believe it has been proven on a dyno that the PRL intake is the only intake out in the market to make HP based on an intake alone.

Just because that car has an injen intake doesn't mean its the best intake to buy. Also, that car has many other mods, not just an intake. I could run out on a track with the exact same set up and run a faster or slower time, the intake doesn't mean poop when it comes to running a fast time.

Pretty sure someone in a 8th gen was able to make a ton of HP on the stock intake. That and Vit has dyno'ed all of them and the 3.5 inch intakes were the only ones to make any gains.

I'd have to agree that as long as it's 3.5" then you'll see gains with a flashpro. Stock intake really does perform great.

Although I have other power mods, I run an Injen v1 intake. I also live in Florda which is always hot! I have no issues and my tunner had no issues with my intake. My reason for that intake was because I did not want to cut my fender liner as most cold air intakes want you to do. I felt like if I ever want to part out and go to stock that I want to keep the integrity of the car.

My point for this post is, go for what ever you feel is right for you and your set up. My set up makes power and I'm happy with it and my tunner was happy with it and I have solid numbers.

I always wondered how it compares, cause there's no actual tests on it. I have the v2. It sounds nice at least! Hope I didn't lose any power though lol

@chacky09 from my understanding its an intake that performs very well. Its been proven it doesnt make the most power and or peak hp/tq but definitely a good intake. Well renowed in the 8thgen community. As for designs/max power Injen V2, PRL CAI, Skunk2 CAI, and Rick Spec'd are all close in design and would more then likely yield the same ball park numbers. PRL/Rick Sped'd on the higher end and injen/skunk2 on the lower end.

Tell me you don't have to remove the bumper to install it???????? Looks nice but as with any aluminum/metal intake tube you should insulate/wrap it as it will heat soak where it is, that's why the OE intake is composite and a true CAI.

Tell me you don't have to remove the bumper to install it???????? Looks nice but as with any aluminum/metal intake tube you should insulate/wrap it as it will heat soak where it is, that's why the OE intake is composite and a true CAI.

OEM is Plastic, the last intake to be efficient in Heat Soak was the Comptech ICE Box back in the day. While the OEM is sort of cold air, I am guessing you have never taken yours apart. Restrictive to say the least.... Insulation is for items that put off heat such as header/s, Down pipe, etc... to prevent other parts from being heat blasted by the heat they put off. While it can also help your intake, its not necessary.

You do not have to remove the bumper on most intakes to install.

How is the oem intake restrictive? It does pull cool air in, has a hemholtz chamber (resonator but also provides performance benefit) and hasn't been out done by any intake other than the 3.5 inch ones...

Back