DIY Add Lights to Door Controls LX

Driver side lights up and has the auto feature, passenger side doesn't light up at all and I would like it to.
I have a 2014 si sedan.

Driver side lights up and has the auto feature, passenger side doesn't light up at all and I would like it to.
I have a 2014 si sedan.
Oh, okay. Yes, very doable. The shade of the two switches is a little different, but won't be noticeable when installed. It will only be seen when the two switches are side by side.

Ok cool. Prob best to just leave it as is and not try to paint it to match then. Is the normal light color white though? I may pick up the switch if the part number is correct that I posted and get the led lights done later. I'd have them done in red though to match the si theme.

Ok cool. Prob best to just leave it as is and not try to paint it to match then. Is the normal light color white though? I may pick up the switch if the part number is correct that I posted and get the led lights done later. I'd have them done in red though to match the si theme.
I added an LED. I'm not sure the OEM light would light up.

I know you did. I'll end up having red installed for mine, but I'll order the switch and test OEM light which should be white, first.

Well I tested the light and it doesn't light up on it's own as OEM would, but at least I'm one step closer for the led mod.

On a side note I looked at the rear switches for the CRV and they won't work as the connector is different then the 14' Si sedan.
If anyone can locate switches that would work to allow led light to shine through please send me a message.

If anyone can locate switches that would work to allow led light to shine through please send me a message.
I would suggest you go to a dealership. Just open every back door of every model car they have and you should be able to find one that will work.

The issue I would see is that the bottom where the wire plugs in is different. The top of the switch is correct, but that doesn't make a difference if it doesn't plug in. The other option I thought about was if the actual window up/down button could be swapped then it wouldn't matter. I doubt a dealer is going to pull the switch out so I can compare the underside. The part number I posted previously is the correct one. You were right about the color... it's really hard to tell even next to each other so it must have just been the flash that made it worse.

Back