clutch question

View: https://youtu.be/YHQ5pPNGwP0
... Hey @Kevv_Si and @Mikeorock .... Check this video out. I'M NOT ENDORSING ANDYS AUTOSPORT BUT IT'S AN INFORMATIVE VIDEO. Bottom line is this...Here is the part number from ClutchMasters that you want. FX400: 08240-HRC6-SK ***NOTE*** YOU MUST USE FLASHPRO WITH THIS UNIT. THIS WILL ELIMINATE THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT TRIGGERED BY THE STOCK FLYWHEEL. It has the ugraded flywheel, clutch and pressure plate assembly all in one package. Its a Stage 4 SPRUNG 6 PUCK UNIT. They offer a 4 PUCK unit but that is more aggressive and not as forgiving for daily street driven purposes. I DIDN'T INCLUDE THAT PART NUMBER SO THAT PEOPLE AREN'T TEMPTED TO READ IT AND PURCHASE IT. LOL ****OH AND BTW, THIS UNIT IS FOR MY 2013 CIVIC SI KW SUPERCHARGED****

Yep!!thats exactly the one im getting.. They said its the best one out there for out power.. That makes me feel better..
Im getting sprung too.. Unsprung never again.. Thatnks for the post voodoo!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 18
Yeah it is pretty nice let me know how you like it.
Got the new clutch and flywheel in.. Much better.. Clutch is mich easier to push in. Not alot of chattering.. Got the syncros too.. Shifting is so much better..
Anyone experience vibration noises while in gear when putting in a new clutch and flywheel?? I heard it might be the lighter flywheel.. Please let me know if u experienced this. Is there anything i can do? The new flywheel is a little heavier then the cc flywheel. I should get it tuned again. But i really wanna get rid of this noise.

I have the cc stage 4 unsprung clutch with my turbo kit.. it does engage pretty hard and you get chatter in first gear if you dont rev it high enough.. im use to it now though.. prl recommended the unsprung because it really grabs you.. plus the springs in a sprung clutch can break in the future but im not sure how often that happens.. i kinda wish i had the unsprung sometimes for a more comfortable engagement..but i still like my clutch now..

I know this a reply to something old, but it struck me as interesting because a lot of our stock clutches are having springs come loose to the point of causing noises that are having them replaced under warranty. This is never supposed to happen, but something with the design of our stock clutch plates causes the springs to rub on something (Honda and no one else knows what, as of now). This is a consideration here, if you are looking at upgrading to a sprung/unsprung hub. I would argue that any sprung hub that results in broken springs after use should have the parts replaced under warranty, regardless of use - especially Stage 2+ clutches which are designed to handle heavier torque loads. See the thread here for more information on our stock clutches, I took a really good video showing the current issues many of us face when I got my dealership to replace my entire clutch assembly (flywheel and all) under warranty.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/clutch-noise.6191/page-6

Well with my new clutch masters stage 4 sprung clutch I hear a new noise. Not sure if it's the springs. But it's a rattling/ vibrating sound . And it gets louder with higher Rams. Especially when I let go of the gas pedal and keep it in gear.. It is annoying. I can't figure it out.. It may be gear chatter as they call it. But I'm still hoping to find pipes or something vibrating against each other,,
As far as the spring rubbing, I know that you should adjust the clutch pedal perfectly.. You want to fully engage( give some free play) with the clutch pedal rod. So when your foot is off the pedal you know that the clutch is fully engaged.. *****And you don't want to disengage the clutch to much.( leave too much of a gap) when disengaging. This can also cause rubbing somewhere in there. Please correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I am starting to make sense of.. I'm trying to find the perfect adjustement now since I just installed the new cmc..

Well with my new clutch masters stage 4 sprung clutch I hear a new noise. Not sure if it's the springs. But it's a rattling/ vibrating sound . And it gets louder with higher Rams. Especially when I let go of the gas pedal and keep it in gear.. It is annoying. I can't figure it out.. It may be gear chatter as they call it. But I'm still hoping to find pipes or something vibrating against each other,,
As far as the spring rubbing, I know that you should adjust the clutch pedal perfectly.. You want to fully engage( give some free play) with the clutch pedal rod. So when your foot is off the pedal you know that the clutch is fully engaged.. *****And you don't want to disengage the clutch to much.( leave too much of a gap) when disengaging. This can also cause rubbing somewhere in there. Please correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I am starting to make sense of.. I'm trying to find the perfect adjustement now since I just installed the new cmc..
How's the car been running man?

How's the car been running man?
What's up man!! It's running good. Just put the em1 cmc in. Trying to get the shifting to feel better but I still get that little bite every now and then between shifts.. Oh and some low life stole my emblem today off my front bumper haha other then that it's running great.. How about you??? Still upgrading??

What's up man!! It's running good. Just put the em1 cmc in. Trying to get the shifting to feel better but I still get that little bite every now and then between shifts.. Oh and some low life stole my emblem today off my front bumper haha other then that it's running great.. How about you??? Still upgrading??
It may be sold here soon lol! I want an s2000 and build that instead..and then save up for the type r lol.

It may be sold here soon lol! I want an s2000 and build that instead..and then save up for the type r lol.
Wow.. I want an s2000 too.. Haha.. Good luck with that!! I wonder how much i would get for my car.. Not even 15,000 miles on it yet.. I cant sell though. You think your gonna miss it when its gone??

Wow.. I want an s2000 too.. Haha.. Good luck with that!! I wonder how much i would get for my car.. Not even 15,000 miles on it yet.. I cant sell though. You think your gonna miss it when its gone??
Yes and no. In all honesty fwd sucks...and these heads unfortunetly do not flow well like the k20 so it's harder for us to make big power unless we do a k20/k24 Frankenstein build but doing that properly can be close to 4K or more. I was doing the numbers to see how much it would take me to get the car close to 800 and it was over 16k and I don't think I want to put that much into it.

Yes and no. In all honesty fwd sucks...and these heads unfortunetly do not flow well like the k20 so it's harder for us to make big power unless we do a k20/k24 Frankenstein build but doing that properly can be close to 4K or more. I was doing the numbers to see how much it would take me to get the car close to 800 and it was over 16k and I don't think I want to put that much into it.
Hahaha.. 800hp??? Yea you have big goals!!! My car is just a street car.. A hobby.. So im good for now.. But definetly keep in touch.. I wanna see what you come up with

View: https://youtu.be/YHQ5pPNGwP0
... Hey @Kevv_Si and @Mikeorock .... Check this video out. I'M NOT ENDORSING ANDYS AUTOSPORT BUT IT'S AN INFORMATIVE VIDEO. Bottom line is this...Here is the part number from ClutchMasters that you want. FX400: 08240-HRC6-SK ***NOTE*** YOU MUST USE FLASHPRO WITH THIS UNIT. THIS WILL ELIMINATE THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT TRIGGERED BY THE STOCK FLYWHEEL. It has the ugraded flywheel, clutch and pressure plate assembly all in one package. Its a Stage 4 SPRUNG 6 PUCK UNIT. They offer a 4 PUCK unit but that is more aggressive and not as forgiving for daily street driven purposes. I DIDN'T INCLUDE THAT PART NUMBER SO THAT PEOPLE AREN'T TEMPTED TO READ IT AND PURCHASE IT. LOL ****OH AND BTW, THIS UNIT IS FOR MY 2013 CIVIC SI KW SUPERCHARGED****

Voodoo, what's up!!! How's that clutch set up going?? I have a question for you. You get the light weight fly wheel too?? If so, do you have any noise issues?? I have a vibrating/rattling sound when engaged. I called clutch masters and showed them a video they said you can get some noise because of the light weight flywheel.. Just wanted to know if you have the same issue.... Thanks..

Voodoo, what's up!!! How's that clutch set up going?? I have a question for you. You get the light weight fly wheel too?? If so, do you have any noise issues?? I have a vibrating/rattling sound when engaged. I called clutch masters and showed them a video they said you can get some noise because of the light weight flywheel.. Just wanted to know if you have the same issue.... Thanks..
Hey boss... I'm good thanks for asking. Well the only time I get a vibration is when I initially engage first gear but it's not all the time. Yes I do have the lightweight flywheel and stage 4 clutch. I have the sprung hub, 6 puck clutch. It's actually VERY good for everyday driving. Send me a copy of the video and I'll let you know if I'm experiencing the same thing.

I was recommended to install pro civic's completion clutch stage 4. How is that next to clutch masters?
You getting sprung or u sprung? I had the unsprung competition clutch and I don't recommend it. My clutch master sprung stage 4 is good except for this noise I'm having which I'm not 100% sure is the clutch. Kevv_si has the sprung stage 4 cc clutch and I think he likes it. But I have no other complaints about my clutch masters clutch.

Sprung. The performance shop recommended ACT...
Not sure about act. But clutch masters has a good reputation. When I had my tranny re done the mechanic told me that competition clutch isn't what they use to be... Something you should look into.

That's what I have been reading as well. He said the puck design will be harsh and will wear out faster. He recommended the "stage three" one with 250+ torque availability
Sounds about right.. Haha. My cc clutch lasted 6,000 miles. And might have been the reason I broke 4th gear. But again, it was unsprung.. But I was also told that they do wear quick..

Back