2016 Tail Of The Dragon Meet V September 22nd-25th: Chat Thread

Reactions: Nix
@Nomar06 Hey, enjoy what you have now. Focus on what's important.
You can always catch up with us next time.

And make sure there's a guest room for your fellow DragonSlayers...right?

@Nomar06 Hey, enjoy what you have now. Focus on what's important.
You can always catch up with us next time.

And make sure there's a guest room for your fellow DragonSlayers...right?

I'm getting an 800sqft condo that's being dubbed "CrashPad" since its in Uptown Charlotte and just 1br. So anyone can crash on the couch, lol

Last edited:
i'm married... i sleep on the couch all the time.

Think I'm gonna make my reservations at the Microtel this weekend before the rooms get snagged. Debating on a single queen or double queen in case someone wants to crash or doesn't get the reservations early enough.

Think I'm gonna make my reservations at the Microtel this weekend before the rooms get snagged. Debating on a single queen or double queen in case someone wants to crash or doesn't get the reservations early enough.

If they are the same price, I would do the double. You could always get someone to crash, which would save some cash.

If they are the same price, I would do the double. You could always get someone to crash, which would save some cash.

I think its like 10$ more a night if that. Looked at a couple "travel" sight listings so I forget

Took a hard look at the Mazda 6 today, thanks to @Nix. Very VERY nice car, surprisingly so. Would recommend it to anybody in the 4 banger category. No power, but was quite firm and handled well for a boat.

Interior? Fabulous.... first class all the way (for the money) in every respect. Exterior? Beautiful paint, lines, etc, etc. Nothing to be shamed of whatsoever. Nothing. Just needs better tires and little stuff. Anti-locks worked well too... and didn't have that pulsating metallic sound, even from 110mph. Always like it when the salesman is about to pass out.

Bottom line? For $19,544 buy it. Not worth anything north of $25.

Thanks Nix... GREAT tip.

Sadly, won't be making it to the Dragon this year. See ya'll next year i hope. All the best.

latest

I'm sorry but what state are u guys in?

About that trip to the Dragon. Let's talk about 2017, shall we? PM me your contact info. Don't worry, i'm harmless...really, i am.
That brief stay in the institution was soooo 2015.
And that sex offender charge? Bogus!!!!!
Seriously let's plan a trip together.

Probably shouldn't joke about those things with the new guys, huh? And if i've got you worried, check me out
at www.InstantCheckmate.com or whatever.

2270 miles.....32hrs.

And i'm happy for ya. I am. But geezers like me need the oatmeal and prunes for the 9am breakfast, an afternoon nap.... and then the Geritol supplements at the Rest Area. Not to mention a clean soft bed with big pillows for 12 hours a night so as not to disrupt the hemorrhoids.
And you wonder why guys like us can't keep up? Or why guys like me drive like a Jack Nicholson madman who's got two weeks to live? :rotfl:
Yeah, that's why. We're just happy to be there. We're happy to be anywhere.

:hitit:

Unfortunately I can't make this now. My cousin is getting married the 24th in Ohio... I just got an invite after setting everything up. After protesting and refusing to go I was shot down and told that was rude.

Better luck next year.

Back