ABS/VSA/power steering??

Slammed _EM1

image.jpg What's up guys yesterday while j was driving the VSA light, ABS light and power steering light came on. The car feels fine with the power steering and ABS but the traction control is off when the light is on.

2 things you guys should know is that yesterday was a rainy day and I was driving a lot and the plastic on the passenger front wheel well is pretty bad since my car is lowered and the wheel sometimes rubs against it.

Another thing is my car is completely stock. I have flashpro and flashed it with the reflash tune.

What can it be I been flashed and lowered for months now and this has never happened. I looked it up but there's no direct answer I do have HIdS also but I've had them since I bought the car in April. The lights sometimes go away but but comes right back... Here's a pic

I've seen others have the issue due to HIDs without a wire/relay harness. Do you have a harness on your hid kit?

You can also check these fuses

Engine Compartment Fuse Box:
#1 EPS 70A ABS/VSA Motor 30A ABS/VSA FSR 30A Interior Fuse Box
#24 ABS/VSA 7.5A

When it gets really really hot out, like 95+, my car gets all sorts of electrical gremlins. Sometimes just shutting the car off and back on seems to fix a few of them. I get multiple dash lights on and then off when I'm sitting in traffic and then when I get moving again.

The only one that really worries me is the airbag light.

If you're not running a harness, buy one right now. Also, take some gaffers tape and seal up that wheel liner. You're probably shorting something and when it dries out its fine.

I sealed the wheel liner, took the car battery off and reset everything and still nothing. i checked the fuses also and they are working fine. the hids i got were from amazon and they were literally plug and play idk what harness you guys are talking about?! any other suggestions?

With flashpro you can check error codes, hook it up with your laptop, and bring up the error code window in flashpro manager and it'll give you details on what's wrong.

You can get them ^ for like $10 to like $30 depending on the company.

I had the same lights the other night play games with me due to a MAF plug I left off. After clearing the code the lights stayed on and the only other thing I did was rotate tires. I drove it around the block and like you say it drove fine, spun tires normal and all so I came back shut it off and thought for a min. Decided to try a tpms reset for laughs to find the lights had gone out when I started it back up. If these cars are like toyota's then a single code could cause all the lights. You have a CEL? I noticed the electric PS motor is out in the elements under the car which has made me wonder if it would ever be suspect to damage easier.

With flashpro you can check error codes, hook it up with your laptop, and bring up the error code window in flashpro manager and it'll give you details on what's wrong.
This is the first thing Ima do when I get out of work at 6. that's something I didn't know but will be helpful I the future. @323

You can get them ^ for like $10 to like $30 depending on the company.

I still don't think this is the problem but since its not that much ima just buy it anyways to be on the safe side. Thanks. @webby

I had the same lights the other night play games with me due to a MAF plug I left off. After clearing the code the lights stayed on and the only other thing I did was rotate tires. I drove it around the block and like you say it drove fine, spun tires normal and all so I came back shut it off and thought for a min. Decided to try a tpms reset for laughs to find the lights had gone out when I started it back up. If these cars are like toyota's then a single code could cause all the lights. You have a CEL? I noticed the electric PS motor is out in the elements under the car which has made me wonder if it would ever be suspect to damage easier.

now there is a CEL. before the ABS/TCS but the CEL light wouldn't come on, then 30 seconds later the power steering light would come on with the CEL light but everything would be fine only the traction control would be off . @Darkout

I still don't think this is the problem but since its not that much ima just buy it anyways to be on the safe side. Thanks. @webby
I'm not say it's 100% going to fix your problem, but at least 2 other people had identical situations as yours with various illuminated dash icons. The wire harness resolved their issue.

It's possible a pending code that triggers a CEL will trigger your VSA/ABS/TCS lights before a hard code since it wants to see a proper signal from all ECU parameters to regulate the stability control.

image.jpeg Bumping my old thread... I'm still
Having these issues and now my ebrake light is on. I have the HID adapter thing idk what else it could be.(door open is me)

So you installed the hid relay harness? Have you tried flashing the car back to the stock tune to see what happens? If it's still there when you flash back to stock, why not let the dealership look at it (take it in stock)? They aren't going to deny warranty work just because you're lowered.

Do you have a CAI?

Back to bone stock blew the old motor now a new one with 6k miles.

So you installed the hid relay harness? Have you tried flashing the car back to the stock tune to see what happens? If it's still there when you flash back to stock, why not let the dealership look at it (take it in stock)? They aren't going to deny warranty work just because you're lowered.

I'm out of warrant technically have 53k miles. been on the stock tune for 4 months and still same. I read before on this forum that it was a sensor and I can't the thread or name of sensor unless...

wifey had the same lights, turned out to be the yaw sensor. the car drove completely fine

...what sensor are you talking about. It first came on when I was on my old motor, stock, with just a reflash.

Don't know if this is your situation but maybe it will help.. When I installed my clutch I disconnected the steering rack.. When I reconnected it back, the power steering and traction control light stay on and I get the errors on the display.. The rack is real sensitive.. Maybe something happened down where it connects by the gas pedal? I know the only way to get rid of it is to have the dealership reset it..

I've seen this happen from a battery that was weak, and needed to be replaced. But seeing as your engine blew it would make me think there was some other major issue.

Back