Official Computer Talk Thread

I can't tell the difference between 144hz vs 60hz tho..
you don't play quick first person shooters. According to vids I've seen on YT, they say intensive fast fps games it's quite evident between the two hz ratings.

Oh that's right.... no fps on consoles for you

Correct.

I haven't really used the Xbox One. I cancelled the Xbox Live Subscription a while back.

Know anyone that wants to buy a Xbox One S? lol

Suggestions?

Looking for a 2nd monitor that will go next to my current 27" Acer Predator. I'd like them to match (dimension wise). Doesn't have to be 144hz

I'm back on this topic of 60hz vs 144hz (or higher) monitors.... I know you SHOULD notice a difference but what if you don't?

what if you don't?
It means you're so old it doesn't matter. Jk. Why pay for it if you don't see the difference? I remember on older crt monitors I would get massive headaches if the refresh rates were below 85hz. Led panels it's a different story.

I'm back on this topic of 60hz vs 144hz (or higher) monitors.... I know you SHOULD notice a difference but what if you don't?
I suppose it could be on the lines of people who cant really spot the difference between 720p and 1080p. Some people are just more sensitive to certain things than others.

I suppose it could be on the lines of people who cant really spot the difference between 720p and 1080p. Some people are just more sensitive to certain things than others.

Yup.

720p vs 1080p looks the same to me. Can't tell the subtle differences.

I am wanting to build a good Gaming PC, this is my first build from scratch. I am looking to build a good one for playing game's like BF, GTA, and racing games. so something nice and fast that's not too terrible expensive not like I am trying to hack into fort Gordon or anything.
I was looking at a few website's at case's and such. what are some things to look for when buying a case? any recommendations or good website's to buy from?

Debating between buying an Xbox one x or upgrading my Alienware to a GTX 1060 GPU. Opinions?

Back