2017 Tail of the Dragon VI: September 28th - October 1st

Rollin' out tomorrow around 5pm! Should be there at like 9-10pm.

(Let's see, if i leave now i could be there too, probably by 6:00pm. Next Tuesday)

@Nix
In June we explored a new route from the 28 over to the 215: Ellijay/Tilly Creek Road. Which leads to the 281 followed by the 215. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.
This map should be pretty close: https://goo.gl/maps/zEqZ9orxL492

As you approach Franklin the key turnoff is Sanderstown Road

Reactions: Nix
I look forward to being able to join y'all at the tail of the dragon. Maybe next year.....hard to tell at this point. Too many factors but once I live in nc, I plan to make it annually

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hey gents... where'd ya'll go today? Come on, make me proud.

Hey Santi... how'd you like the new wheels today? It's a wild guess on my part but I say you loved it.... provided you had some decent rubber.

Reactions: Nix
Good lord man,....

Nomar is a "stock car killer" in anything. I have to say that I am very impressed with the Fiesta ST. Car felt great to ride in and it never seemed to run out of power. Definitely ran down a few Prelude crew members today like it was nothing. They were being followed by an older WRX Sti but this guy, caught them in less than half a mile.

Fiesta ST - considerable weapon.

Todays drive was a simple "Dragon run" and "28" from the Gap to Fontana and then Gap to 129/Robbinsville. Loads of hangout time and just plain "car talk" so we don't have to share our passion back home. Hopefully a temporary reprieve for those subjected to our automotive passion.

Excellent day with good people as usual.

Big thanks to: @Nomar06 , @SpartanML , @07TLX , @mattsbobo , @Tony An , @sonej4....

I can only hope we get a larger crowd next year.

-- As usual the @Nix recap nails it. Thanks man.

-- With Nomar's new found "stock car killer" abilities probably a good thing I didn't make it out!

-- So what's another stock car that can go toe to toe with the Fiesta ST?

-- How about next year we consider Virginia International Raceway?
Considered one of the Top 6 in the country. http://virnow.com/about/

The configuration below offers up two killer straights of 3/4 - 1 mile long each. Think about that.
Takes about 1/4 mile to get my Si through 4th gear and up to 105. Would love to see what it could do with another 1/2 mile plus.
And i'm not the only one with a need for speed, am I?

Full2016course.jpg

Back