2017 Tail of the Dragon VI: September 28th - October 1st

It's okay about the Dragon, i didn't make it either... my first miss in 5 years. And from from i hear you've been spending more time in an airplane seat than in a queen sized bed. Who can blame you for sleeping in?

In the "speed is deceiving" department, i gotta know... why were there so many parked cars out there?
LOL. yeah. I'm sure the airplane hours this year have been a little nuts.

That was the instructor group.. those are some of the faster folk. :) People worry about spending money on parts to go fast, but the driver is the biggest and most important thing to invest in. I know Keith and Jason do AutoX pretty competitively now and they'll mimic my words too im sure even in a tighter/slower environment, the driver is key.

-- As usual the @Nix recap nails it. Thanks man.

-- With Nomar's new found "stock car killer" abilities probably a good thing I didn't make it out!

-- So what's another stock car that can go toe to toe with the Fiesta ST?

-- How about next year we consider Virginia International Raceway?
Considered one of the Top 6 in the country. http://virnow.com/about/

The configuration below offers up two killer straights of 3/4 - 1 mile long each. Think about that.
Takes about 1/4 mile to get my Si through 4th gear and up to 105. Would love to see what it could do with another 1/2 mile plus.
And i'm not the only one with a need for speed, am I?

Full2016course.jpg
how does one get access to use the track?

how does one get access to use the track?

Same as always! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reactions: Nix
LOL. yeah. I'm sure the airplane hours this year have been a little nuts.

That was the instructor group.. those are some of the faster folk. :) People worry about spending money on parts to go fast, but the driver is the biggest and most important thing to invest in. I know Keith and Jason do AutoX pretty competitively now and they'll mimic my words too im sure even in a tighter/slower environment, the driver is key.

@jrotax101 Totally agree on Driver Education, or HPDE as it's called in these circles. Not everyone can afford a Ross Bentley or even a part-time driving coach at the track, but anybody serious should at least study the issues on their own... assuming they even want to, which I suppose is part of the problem right there.

How to Drive by Ben Collins was a good start for me. Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/How-Drive-Ultimate-Guide-Stig/dp/1447272838/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1507058543&sr=8-2&keywords=how+to+drive+ben+collins

In fact, thanks again to @Nix for buying me my first copy. I'm sure he thought "I'd better help that poor sucker before he kills himself".

Back