Getting a new rear sway bar. (Eibach/Progress) Where to purchase?

I just did research on the Progress 22mm rear sway bar. It shows that it isn't adjustable. Where did you see that the bar is adjustable? I rather having an adjustable bar.

This came from:
http://stores.axionind.com/2012-honda-civic-si-progress-rear-sway-bar-22mm/

Size: 22mm
Adjustment Range: None
End-links Included: No
All sway bars are powdercoated metallic gray.
One year limited warranty
Includes RLCA reinforcement brackets

It's the 24mm that's adjustable

https://store.redshiftmotorsports.com/product-p/pro62.1026.htm

Progress Anti-sway bars are cold-formed in-house using our custom-built precision bending equipment. Both laser-cut and CNC bar ends are MIG welded in place using a precise fixture for an exact fit.
  • Size: 24mm
  • Adjustment Range: 3 holes
  • End-links Included: Yes
  • All sway bars are powdercoated metallic gray.
  • One year limited warranty

sorry about my negativity, I still can't even seem to change a set of rims on this honda without it biting me in the butt.:shadycorn:

Progress Anti-sway bars are cold-formed in-house using our custom-built precision bending equipment. Both laser-cut and CNC bar ends are MIG welded in place using a precise fixture for an exact fit.

Since wpillera said he ordered the 22mm, he's gonna have to send it back if he insists on having an adjustable bar instead? It is a good thing I'm finding out now because I was actually going to get a Progress 22mm personally, but since it is not adjustable, I rather get the one that is adjustable. For some reason I feel 24mm is too stiff and I've never driven anything above 22mm in the rear. It is recommended getting an adjustable bar according to some autoXers I've spoke with since they said we will want stiffer setup on some tracks while some tracks doesn't need to be stiff.

$345?? Heebus Crust

Since wpillera said he ordered the 22mm, he's gonna have to send it back if he insists on having an adjustable bar instead? It is a good thing I'm finding out now because I was actually going to get a Progress 22mm personally, but since it is not adjustable, I rather get the one that is adjustable. For some reason I feel 24mm is too stiff and I've never driven anything above 22mm in the rear. It is recommended getting an adjustable bar according to some autoXers I've spoke with since they said we will want stiffer setup on some tracks while some tracks doesn't need to be stiff.

To clear up any confusion, I knew that the 22mm sway bar was not adjustable. I figured that I wouldn't be going under my car to adjust anything since I'm not tracking the car or anything like that. Just looking for more stiffness in the rear to lessen body roll and improve drivability and fun factor. I also have a 2012 Si Coupe to add to @squiggy comment. I guess I picked the right one on accident.. haha

Good morning ! You're all set and ready to go. You know what you want and you got exactly what you wanted. You're gonna be a very happy man. IMO, I prefer focus on suspension than power since it makes daily driving more fun. I'm always grinning ear to ear whenever I take a twisted turn or going through a round-a-bout and I'm feeling all of the traction coming from the rear of my Si. I'm looking forward hearing your input and experience. :rockwoot:

my srt-4 had a 24 adj sway bar with three adj -it was a hockiss

If you have a 2012, get the 22mm. If you have a 2013+, get the 24mm.

Honda increased the size of the front sway bar for the 2013+.

24mm just would be too much of a difference from the front on a 2012?

I can’t recall where it was, but I feel like it may have been nix talking about them? The main thing he was getting at was the car could feel twitchy at highway or faster speeds as the rear sway bar got thicker. It helps the car rotate in like autox type situations, but can be too much in certain situations.

Alright ladies and gents, the sway bar is in!! I should've taken pictures while I was doing it but I was too busy fighting the old end links.. lol

Anyways, to talk about the difference in feel of the car. Its too early to say, but the single test drive I took it on it seemed much more planted around corners. I couldn't really get up to speed because its rush hour and people are all over the road so I didnt get a very good feel for the cornering ability. The body roll still exists, but it is less pronounced. I'd rate the difficulty of the install a 6/10 with working on jack stands and the tools I had. If you have a lift and proper tools its probably a 3 or 4/10.

I'll update once I take it for a real drive and really rip around those corners, haha. Just wanted to give a quick update so you guys arent waiting.

Alright ladies and gents, the sway bar is in!! I should've taken pictures while I was doing it but I was too busy fighting the old end links.. lol

Anyways, to talk about the difference in feel of the car. Its too early to say, but the single test drive I took it on it seemed much more planted around corners. I couldn't really get up to speed because its rush hour and people are all over the road so I didnt get a very good feel for the cornering ability. The body roll still exists, but it is less pronounced. I'd rate the difficulty of the install a 6/10 with working on jack stands and the tools I had. If you have a lift and proper tools its probably a 3 or 4/10.

I'll update once I take it for a real drive and really rip around those corners, haha. Just wanted to give a quick update so you guys arent waiting.

Thanks for the updates ! Body roll will exist until we upgrade the struts and springs. Mine is still sitting on OEM setup. I still experience body roll despite having six bars installed. It is less pronounced like you mentioned about your sway bar. Your daily drive is going to be a lot of fun.

Back