Honda-Fan's Silver Machine

The lady and I have one of those too. She uses the Cricut Maker. Makes all kinds of cool stuff. We're looking at possibly getting a Glowforge if stuff picks up. She runs an Etsy shop that does okay. At least well enough to offset the cost of supplies and such. We've definitely recouped the cost of the unit and some at this point.

Shameless plug:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HappyYuki

Shop is on vacation due to the move but that's it! :)

Anime-Eyes-Sparkle-informasi-dapat-didefinisikan-sebagai.gif

Would she be willing to fill a custom small order after you're done moving? It looks like she makes full-color stickers, which is what I'm after.

I assume it's some sort of computer-assisted cutting machine?
indeed. You buy rolls or sheets of vinyl and it has a small blade like an x-acto knife to cut the vinyl. You can also buy sticker labels and cut them with the cricket or other plotters with an eye. You print your design on a printer, and then the cricket or plotter can cut out the design. Like so -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmiqMnV-9PM

Anime-Eyes-Sparkle-informasi-dapat-didefinisikan-sebagai.gif

Would she be willing to fill a custom small order after you're done moving? It looks like she makes full-color stickers, which is what I'm after.

Absolutely my man!! Just send me as high-res an image as you can muster.

Hi, Everyone!
These are my initial colorways; There's still some white particles here and there that I need to fix. Bluebeat is the 'original' version, and the others are swatch variations. Green is the 'Color Palette Correct' version of blue, ergo the same shoes. I'll send high res cleaned up versions after I check over everything. @fahnix Do the backgrounds need to be transparent?

Colors are:

-Bluebeat (Original)
-Finewine
-Greensleeve
-Redhot

Hondachi Bluebeat.png Hondachi Finewine.png Hondachi Greensleeve.png Hondachi Redhot.png

It was about 750 shipped -- or rather waiting for it to ship. So, over the years of my car being used as essentially a courier vehicle, it got kinda chipped up on the interstate. Where I work now, it's way less debris-ridden and I don't have to use my car more than just commuting there and back. I needed to have my hood, left fender and bumper repainted because of the damage, but if I take the hood out of the equation, it's way easier. Plus, I just wanted a carbon hood. I doubt I've saved any realistic weight with it, but I do think it will look a lot better than my OEM hood does.

I'm hoping it's a pretty painless swap. Are there any hood pin brands that I should stay away from?

ya installing the hood can be a pain in butt. Why didn't you just get a used hood off another honda. honda hoods are very light already.

Honda's Metallic Silver's a two edged sword -- while it looks great when it catches the light just right, it's very hard to match it correctly. Even if I just got a better condition hood, it'd probably be the wrong shade due to fade/discoloration.

Back