Official Computer Talk Thread

@Br3TT -

Lol @ 3080 fitting into the Ncase M1. Unless you can get your hands on a founders edition, you’re not gonna have a good selection of cards that fit in.

@Br3TT -

Lol @ 3080 fitting into the Ncase M1. Unless you can get your hands on a founders edition, you’re not gonna have a good selection of cards that fit in.

Seems super counterproductive to use anything other than a reference type card in those SFF builds.

@Br3TT -

the evga 3080 xc3 ultra will fit no problem.....the ncase can support up to 317mm in length according to their site and i have seen people stuff some massive cards in this case

the evga 3080 xc3 ultra will fit no problem.....the ncase can support up to 317mm in length according to their site and i have seen people stuff some massive cards in this case

It's not the size that I'd be concerned with. I wouldn't want the card exhausting into the case. That'll definitely bring up case temps.

That being said, you don’t have a good selection of cards. There are more if you wedge it in, if you remove I/O, have low profile connectors, etc. Sure, you have a couple of options just seems like slim pickings.

It's not the size that I'd be concerned with. I wouldn't want the card exhausting into the case. That'll definitely bring up case temps.

The only card I would be concerned about with increasing temps in sff would be the nvidia card. That design is blowing hot air into the case where the others are exhausting out of the sides like the 20 series cards.

Also pulling the stock shroud and fans off a card in place for some noctua fans is common practice in sff and has been proven to cool way better over stock cooler

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...d-of-watching-instagram-users-through-cameras

Facebook Accused of Watching Instagram Users Through Cameras

Facebook Inc. is again being sued for allegedly spying on Instagram users, this time through the unauthorized use of their mobile phone cameras.

The lawsuit springs from media reports in July that the photo-sharing app appeared to be accessing iPhone cameras even when they weren’t actively being used.

Facebook denied the reports and blamed a bug, which it said it was correcting, for triggering what it described as false notifications that Instagram was accessing iPhone cameras.

In the complaint filed Thursday in federal court in San Francisco, New Jersey Instagram user Brittany Conditi contends the app’s use of the camera is intentional and done for the purpose of collecting “lucrative and valuable data on its users that it would not otherwise have access to.”

By “obtaining extremely private and intimate personal data on their users, including in the privacy of their own homes,” Instagram and Facebook are able to collect “valuable insights and market research,” according to the complaint.

Facebook declined to comment.

In a suit filed last month, Facebook was accused of using facial-recognition technology to illegally harvest the biometric data of its more than 100 million Instagram users. Facebook denied the claim and said that Instagram doesn’t use face recognition technology.

The case is Conditi v. Instagram, LLC, 20-cv-06534, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California (San Francisco).

Trying to figure out why forza 4 horizon keeps crashing to desktop. Its not a legit download but I deleted the one I had and downloaded another with the same issue. Also reverted my overstock back to stock on everything with the same results.

I did notice that my ram usage before it happens goes to pretty much 100%, can that be the issue? Ive only got 8gb of ram. Ive been looking at upgrading to 16gb 3600mhz but a little concerned with the c18 timing of the ones im looking at. Im also going to be buying my co workers 2600 cpu when he upgrades soon.

I would upgrade the RAM and not working about the C18 timing. You're not going to get by with just 8 GB of RAM. I know I use 16GB DDR 3000 on a quad core i5 OC'd to 4.2 GHz from 2017 and can handle most loads with ease. You're running the minimum RAM for Forza. I would think you'd get a lot of improvement if you go with the larger load of RAM.

When you upgrade to the Ryzen 2600 you should get more than enough performance out of 3200 RAM, which would save you some money from the 3600 and your latencies will often be lower.

I would upgrade the RAM and not working about the C18 timing. You're not going to get by with just 8 GB of RAM. I know I use 16GB DDR 3000 on a quad core i5 OC'd to 4.2 GHz from 2017 and can handle most loads with ease. You're running the minimum RAM for Forza. I would think you'd get a lot of improvement if you go with the larger load of RAM.

When you upgrade to the Ryzen 2600 you should get more than enough performance out of 3200 RAM, which would save you some money from the 3600 and your latencies will often be lower.

Funny enough the 3600 c18 is $77 and the 3200 c16 is $90 right now. Think I might order the ram this weekend.

What do you mean it's "not a legit download"?

its a torrent. weirdly enough i went to down load it again and its no longer available to download from the site i got it from yesterday morning. i may end up buying some games later this year after i buy a new gpu and better cpu.

i ordered the corsair vengeance 2x8gb lpx 3600mhz c18 kit for $77 cnd off amazon. this is the first upgrade toward my itx build that i can still use in my current build. im not sure why but there are two options to buy, one is in stock and over $100 and the one i got wont be instock till the 26th and is $77.
https://www.amazon.ca/Corsair-Venge...+vengeance+16gb+3600mhz&qid=1600601393&sr=8-5
https://www.amazon.ca/Corsair-CMK16GX4M2Z3600C18-PC4-28800-Desktop-Vengeance/dp/B07FBVYFKH/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=corsair+vengeance+16gb+3600mhz&qid=1600601311&sr=8-8&th=1

looks like the difference is build date. the one i got has a d and the more expensive has a z. the d is a few months older.

Last edited:
Back