Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

I didn't do anything as of yet, but I did purchase a few SMD red LED chip lights. I'm going to desolder the SMD LED's in the steering wheel components (answer call, decline, volume, cruise control and menu buttons, etc,). This way I can get rid of the white and make the wheel stand out with a nice red color to set it apart. I'm working with extras from the extra steering wheel I got from the junk yard. Here is the lights. It will be a few days to a week before I get them delivered.
EP2eejt.jpg

Old ballast failed on me so I bought a hylux ballast. These came with extra ground wires, something that my previous ballast did not have.

Just curious if these are safe grounding point's for them. One side didn't turn on as normal until the next start up so getting a little worried. I believe I had to share a ground with the chassis / engine mount on the right side.

mJVpdIA.jpg

Left one, ya. Right one, no. I wouldn't consider the rad support brace to be frame therefore I wouldn't ground there.

Run the right side to the neg battery post. Simple and close to that ballast.

Alright, so it has been a pain finding LED's and trial and error getting the right size. They are not perfect since these act as a diode and the current needs to flow through the LED's. I got 4 out of 7 to light up. The ones not lit up need to be rotated 180. Here is a little teaser for the time being, full shot coming soon!
kMBVkrd.jpg

us0fNnJ.jpg

3AX2V4q.jpg
MEBxOcX.jpg

damn, surface mount soldering was never something i was up for doing, looks good!

That looks awesome. I feel like that should have been done from the factory after seeing that. Especially on the Si. That would have matched the rest of the red accenting so well. I love unique mods like this. Great job.

five bucket wash method? i know the 2 bucket and the 3 bucket methods, whats the 5?

Back