Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I just read over pfi's legal paperwork/fine from the EPA. The entire thing is over them selling hondata flashpro units from their website! Why are they going after a shop/reseller for 37 flashpros instead of hondata for making them/selling them then? Unless they are going after hondata, and it's just not being publicly talked about yet? Every aftermarket company selling hondata / ktuner/ cobb etc is clearly in direct fire to be slapped with fines next. I see no reason they couldn't go after the individual using hondata (non carb unit) seeing as how it's registered to the person/vin/car.

View attachment 63083
other than shops not being able to obtain them can or will this effect the candian market?

and as of right now, they're still showing the s300 for sale on their site

That's ballsy on PFI's part. But I guess that they've probably got some time to comply so it'll get pulled from the site at some point. They've probably gotta get their site admin to do it.
other than shops not being able to obtain them can or will this effect the candian market?
Probably not. Your equivalent of the EPA doesn't appear to have the same type of power that the EPA has.

That's ballsy on PFI's part. But I guess that they've probably got some time to comply so it'll get pulled from the site at some point. They've probably gotta get their site admin to do it.

Probably not. Your equivalent of the EPA doesn't appear to have the same type of power that the EPA has.
Well that's good for canada.

In surprised this is happening. Is the entire country turning into California?

Well that's good for canada.

In surprised this is happening. Is the entire country turning into California?
Lol Pretty much.

California often sets the precedence for environmental legislation and the rest of the US follows at some point. I just hope the the RPM act passes. That will at least stop the shops from getting in trouble. That puts the onus on the user of the device then. Which I agree with wholly. If the shop sells race parts and clearly states that they're for race/off road use only, but then I take the part and use it on the street then it's my fault. Not the shop. So it's BS that they're going after the ones that didn't even do anything wrong.

Lol Pretty much.

California often sets the precedence for environmental legislation and the rest of the US follows at some point. I just hope the the RPM act passes. That will at least stop the shops from getting in trouble. That puts the onus on the user of the device then. Which I agree with wholly. If the shop sells race parts and clearly states that they're for race/off road use only, but then I take the part and use it on the street then it's my fault. Not the shop. So it's BS that they're going after the ones that didn't even do anything wrong.
isnt the whole issue that they dont want any production cars to be modified even if they are in fact race cars that never see the road? seems like the US could spend their time and money trying to fix bigger issues.

They really should.. California should really be trying to fix the homeless issue rather than a few guys wanting to go fast

I just read over pfi's legal paperwork/fine from the EPA. The entire thing is over them selling hondata flashpro units from their website! Why are they going after a shop/reseller for 37 flashpros instead of hondata for making them/selling them then? Unless they are going after hondata, and it's just not being publicly talked about yet? Every aftermarket company selling hondata / ktuner/ cobb etc is clearly in direct fire to be slapped with fines next. I see no reason they couldn't go after the individual using hondata (non carb unit) seeing as how it's registered to the person/vin/car.

View attachment 63083
It’s a cash grab by the gov. They aren’t going to try and chase down companies that’s have legal teams at the ready.

isnt the whole issue that they dont want any production cars to be modified even if they are in fact race cars that never see the road? seems like the US could spend their time and money trying to fix bigger issues.
Yeah, that’s the new twist on it. Basically any vehicle that is registered by a state/gov agency is not allowed to be modified.

What’s a bit funny is that some of these cars that are tuned technically burn a bit cleaner and they run E-XX gas but then that all goes out the window when you remove a cat.

They really should.. California should really be trying to fix the homeless issue rather than a few guys wanting to go fast
I almost ran over a homeless dude sleeping in the middle of the parking lot this morning. In the middle.

Back