Security Cameras (Home Setups)

Yeah, but they’re smart enough to tell the difference between animals, humans and vehicles. We’ve got annoying neighborhood cats and I’m luckily able to toggle a setting and filter them out so I don’t get an alert every fifteen minutes through the night.

I pay for Cam Plus on my Wyze Cam V3 (Garage) and it’s better than their free stuff but not as smart as Google.

$1.25/month (per camera) for Wyze and it does that. Neighbor feeds the neighborhood stray (but fixed) cats and they walk across the porch and Wyze filters it out :thumb:

My phone is on 'Do not disturb' from 10p-6a so I won't get any alerts anyways lol

I hope no bad guys come after 10pm to mess with your house :giggle:

I'm gonna TP your house after midnight and you will never know!

Even if I did get alerts.. I'd sleep through them. We also close the bedroom door when we go to bed so the cats don't wake us up.. So even if someone was knocking I'd probably still not hear them lol Plus the ceiling fan and a floor oscillating fan

Their “fix” doesn’t even address the issue?

1. We are revising the push notifications option language in the eufy Security app to clearly detail that push notifications with thumbnails require preview images that will be temporarily stored in the cloud.

2. We will be more clear about the use of cloud for push notifications in our consumer-facing marketing materials.

Well, some a**hole cut one of my Xmas light strands a couple days ago(already fixed) but I ordered a Wyze wireless cam and a doorbell cam this morning. Should be arriving today.

I believe we are the only ones on my short street that does not have a cam or anything, so I guess we became a target.

Before you blame the neighbors, I saw a Reddit thread that squirrels and other critters can chomp though the cords and do so a lot cause the insulation is made with soy derivatives for environmental friendliness and they think it’s delicious

he sent me a pic of it, and it's clearly cut with wire cutters or something similar with jaws. It even looks like someone made two attempts at cutting it and failed the first attempt? The jacket has a clear indent like they didn’t press hard enough with cutters.

685AB10E-3D65-41C2-A50F-8DDBE99A223A.jpeg

Ended up ordering a Wyze doorbell cam and their outdoor wireless cam this morning. Through the magic of “Almighty Bezos”, I got them this afternoon. Charged them up and got them up already.

3AF459B0-79C8-474F-9B72-8D61E8BC70F0.jpeg83FBB0A5-6BD7-43FD-9C0A-5D67AF8A0B9D.jpeg9D44EB18-5E45-4A1D-A42E-40FCEC0E34B5.jpeg

thats messed up, grinch in the neighborhood

Ended up ordering a Wyze doorbell cam and their outdoor wireless cam this morning. Through the magic of “Almighty Bezos”, I got them this afternoon. Charged them up and got them up already.

Sucks you had to go that route but glad the setup/install was easy for you.

Hmmm... :think:

Eufy Cameras Have Been Uploading Unencrypted Footage to Cloud Without Owners Knowing​

Eufy apparently stores thumbnails on the cloud, even if you don't have a cloud account.​

https://gizmodo.com/eufy-security-cameras-unencrypted-footage-cloud-scandal-1849833489

Anker’s Eufy deleted these 10 privacy promises instead of answering our questions​

Two weeks after getting caught lying to The Verge, Anker still hasn’t sent us any answers about its security cameras. Instead, it’s nerfed the Eufy “privacy commitment.”

Here are 10 things that were written on Eufy’s privacy commitment page as of December 8th, 2022, that are no longer there today:
  • “To start, we’re taking every step imaginable to ensure your data remains private, with you.”
  • “[Y]our recorded footage will be kept private. Stored locally. With military-grade encryption. And transmitted to you, and only you.”
  • “Here at eufy, we’re not just all talk and no action.”
  • “With secure local storage, your private data never leaves the safety of your home, and is accessible by you alone.”
  • “All recorded footage is encrypted on-device and sent straight to your phone—and only you have the key to decrypt and watch the footage. Data during transmission is encrypted.”
  • “There is no online link available to any video.”
  • “You need to use Eufy software and your account to decrypt the clips for viewing. No one else can access or read this data.”
  • “For Your Eyes Only”
  • “Peeking Prohibited”
  • “Everything In-House”
There’s an 11th item missing, too. It’s a little long, but I think it’s an important one:

Does eufy share video recordings with law enforcement agencies?
In response to legal requests from law enforcement agencies, we will not, without the customer’s consent, disclose video recordings unless it is necessary to comply with the law or if there is an emergency involving imminent danger of death or serious physical injury to a person. We object to overbroad or otherwise inappropriate demands as a matter of course. Unless prohibited from doing so or eufy has clear indication of illegal conduct in connection with the use of eufy products or services, eufy notifies customers before disclosing content information.

Even more:
https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/16...ises-camera-privacy-encryption-authentication

i don't like how it all sounds, but are any of the security camera companies better?
The phone notifications with thumbnails mean they have to transmit something unencrypted.
Recently i think the no online link bullet point got disproved and with enough effort and packet sniffing you can find the link to view your cameras streams in VLC.

I also have never kept cameras in the house, only outside, so you could see my comings and goings but I never needed to watch inside the house nor did i want to risk that someone else could too.

Ideally id use something like Ubiquiti UniFi cameras and doorbells but holy hell their equipments expensive

Still using it…will be keeping it around and move it to the new house when the time comes.

No issues after getting the cams.

Oh, when taking down the Xmas lights, we found another spot/strand that had been cut.

Oh, when taking down the Xmas lights, we found another spot/strand that had been cut.

Glad they've been working good for you. I was worried. Didn't want you to hate me for suggesting them :giggle:

Oh! That's ridiculous someone would do that!

Glad they've been working good for you. I was worried. Didn't want you to hate me for suggesting them :giggle:

Oh! That's ridiculous someone would do that!
I already pretty much made up my mind to use Wyze when I realized you had them also. They seem to be the best bang for your buck while having good quality video and not super expensive online/cloud backup. Plus, can use the memory card and not have to pay the cloud stuff but saves like $15 a year per cam.

Right now we pay the cloud storage thing on he camera and not the door bell cam. I don't think we will upgrade.....might do the memory card on the camera and switch the cloud storage to the door bell cam so I can get longer videos on the door bell cam and keep the longer vids on the camera with the memory card. I'm pretty sure once the card if full it start overwriting the old vids with the new vids but can't remember. Just splurge on a large mb card.

Back