Photos -- Official Honda Civic Shift Knob Pics Thread --

ive got two Abrams, the Matte Black M1, and the Gunmetal M1. They havent been installed in the '12 yet, as the temperature is WAY too cold for them. lol.

Is a gunmetal M1 abram, retainer & shipping really around 185.00.. If it is I might end up going w/ a Mugen knob, not to take anything away from TWM, I :love: both knobs..
I'm just kind of a Mugen fanboi guess....

mugen_cf-sph-knob_d.jpg

^^^ Im really digging the one w/ the red stripe...

idn, i just check the weight & size of the 2 knobs..

Mugen - Weight: 159.4g / Diameter: 50mm
Abram- W: 460g / D: 51mm

I might just go w/ the Abram based on the weight difference.. Any chance I can get a deal TWM? :pray:

I wrote them last night about another question, so hopefully they'll see your post

I love me some shift knobs. :vtec:

Delrin off the shelf knob (one of my favs)
IMG_1412.jpg

Custom delrin knob from the same seller (another top fav)
IMG_2926.jpg

$16 Ebay knob :giggle:
IMG_2224.jpg

I'm not really sure of the brand. I bought this from a member on the Ocho. Maybe a Rick's, or Monster knob? No clue, but I can tell you it weighs 1.2 pounds according to the postal worker who put it on her scale.
IMG_2928.jpg

Homemade "Black Donkey Dick" delrin knob
IMG_3820.jpg

IMG_3819.jpg

I can't seem to find the pic of the Mugen Formula knob. Sorry about that.:squirrel:

ha ha ha ha, so quick question on the Si's, is it as simple as unscrewing the stock knob?

Im installing my Abrams, and am just wondering. also, had anyone popped the trim ring off yet, like you could on the 8ths, so you could push the shift boot down further? I had to do that on my 8th as the abrams always sit much lower than oem ones.

I've not had one apart to give advice... sorry. Hopefully someone else can chime in

i cant seem to get the boot ring to go any further down the shifter arm. anyone have any ideas? The knob is still sitting really high.

IMG-20120203-00032 by spicydicy, on Flickr

Don't quote me because I only know how it is on the 8th gen, but I can't imagine Honda did it differently on the 9th. You should be able to hook your finger into the inside corner of the shifter trim and just pull it up. The boot ring is probably held in place by a zip tie that you can just cut and then remove the ring. Screw your knob down as far as you like, then just leave the ring out, or put it back in where you want it and put a fresh zip tie around it. :thumbsup:

THat Black Donkey Dick knob looks much better than the Formula D dildo knobs! :rotfl:

Back