Anyone tried the K&N Drop-in filter?

Yeah, I was told it would be a 2 to 3 week wait because they didn't carry it in stock yet but that they could definitely get it for me (I purchased it locally, not online). They entered in the part number and didn't seem to think it would be an issue but I'll let you know when it arrives if you'd like. I put in the order on Tuesday so it would give you a rough timeline for the wait period when ordering to Canada.

That'd be great....I'm not in a big rush but the dealers I talked to couldn't give me a timeline of when it would be available in their shops to purchase..I'm getting to the point now where I want to start doing stuff to my car especially when I get my tax refund back :)

I got mine on Thursday and dropped it in last night. I haven't run it yet but I'll let you know if I end up needing some maf sensor cleaner, that would be very dissapointing and very surprising considering this is probably the 10th or so K&N I've installed in one of my cars/bikes.

That'd be great....I'm not in a big rush but the dealers I talked to couldn't give me a timeline of when it would be available in their shops to purchase..I'm getting to the point now where I want to start doing stuff to my car especially when I get my tax refund back :)
Apparently mine is in now so it didn't really take that long. I haven't picked it up yet as I'm in Ottawa visiting my sister but I'll be going to get it as soon as I get home. :)

Cool, you'll have to tell us what you think of the sound and performance differences (if you notice any)

Haha, I just flew home tonight!
I'm going to go pick up the filter tomorrow so I'll put it in over the weekend and then I'll let you know how I feel about it, lol.

Ok, filter is officially picked up and in the car. It sounds sort of like a toned down version of the AEM short-ram I had on the RSX-S (not as noticable, but you do hear a difference and its got a similar sound). I'll keep an eye on my gas mileage too and see if that changes over the next little bit. As long as it doesn't get worse I'm good to go, lol.

Back