Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Okay, so it sounds like a lot of y'all are lookin' to move to a new place. So uh, as a Texan... I uhh would like to extend an invitation to ...

COME TO TEXAS

SafeSpottedHyena-size_restricted.gif

YEAH BUDDY, WE GOT SPACE FOR ALL Y'ALL! BRING YOUR FAMILY. BRING YOUR KIDS. BRING YOUR DOG. BRING YOUR NEIGHBOR'S DOG. BRING EVERYBODY!

DON'T LISTEN TO THE HATERS THAT DON'T WANT NEW PEOPLE COMING IN -- THEY SUCK, AND THEY NEED TO LEAVE.

COME ON, AND BRING SOME CACTUS COOLER, TOO!
-________________________________________
Spent some time in TX recently b/c of family. Very likable place. Taxes don't exist on income... awesome. But there are toll roads and big time property taxes. You definitely want a job to live here just b/c of that.

Tomorrow will be better. Wish I was there to help.
2 more hours until quittin' time :woot:

Around 5pm I need to go with my sister to pick up a dining room table and chairs for her new apartment.

Yesterday my wife, my dad and I helped her. My mom helped but inside with putting dishes and other stuff away as my mom had shoulder surgery a few months ago. Also my mom watched my niece (6 years old) to make sure she didn't get in our way lol

I'm beat today.

It’s not just manual transmission, they are chopping off cars.

My son Austin helped me install a new rear motor mount today. Hasport, street... the softer one. Took 3 hours (i know, rookies) but a piece of cake overall. Much better shifting near redline. Took the opportunity to install the new 18" HFP rims with new PSS. Razor sharp steering. Guess it's Dragon time...if anybody still does that sort of thing.

P.S. Not sure how many met him a few years back (for sure Santi and Death) here he is with his mother at my daughter's wedding 2 yrs ago. Good kid. What's more amazing he still wants to be a cop.

awAYxMIz_400x400.jpg

I remember when people made such a big deal over the si being available in the sedan for the 8th gen. Articles are saying civic coupes make up just 6% of civic sales.

Good Morning!

...We skip out on a lot of those taxes because we rake most of our state income out of real estate property taxes. :oops:

Sales Tax 8.25%
Vehicle Use 6.25%* (*of 80% of the vehicle's worth new if it is used)
Real Estate Property Tax rates here are 1.81%.
No State Income Tax
Toll Roads flex between $.50 and $1.75, but the 'Money Spots' are pretty frequent. A commute from my house to my job is $11.00 round trip.

i dont remember paying that much on my car in tx compared to philly now. Toll roads were pricy at times but they were unavoidable in houston

i dont remember paying that much on my car in tx compared to philly now. Toll roads were pricy at times but they were unavoidable in houston

Oh, the vehicle use wasn't intended to be a negative stat-- just another tax people usually ask about. From what I can tell, it's pretty similar to Pennsylvania's.

Good Morning!

I know there's a crews forum category, but I'm putting some feelers out.

...Would anyone be interested in joining a crew for coupes? After yesterday's announcement, I felt compelled to do something.

I drew this on some scrap card that I had laying around and scanned it up in Illustrator this morning. I hope it's not too terrible :oops:
...If there's any sizable interest, I'll definitely see about getting some stickers and stuff.

Thanks for humoring me!

IMG_20200718_194337.jpg

Edit: My illustrator processing actually muddied alot of my marks. It's a personal peeve, but here's the unfiltered original :tongue:

Last edited:
RIP Honda Accord Manual Transmission

Honda Accord Loses Manual Transmission
The even sadder news is that stick-shift production ended way back in December 2019, and we're just finding out now.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33336428/honda-accord-manual-transmission-discontinued/

P.S. Not sure how many met him a few years back (for sure Santi and Death) here he is with his mother at my daughter's wedding 2 yrs ago. Good kid. What's more amazing he still wants to be a cop.

awAYxMIz_400x400.jpg

Damn! That's your wife? You go @Bruce Bartlow :thumbsup:

RIP Honda Accord Manual Transmission

Honda Accord Loses Manual Transmission
The even sadder news is that stick-shift production ended way back in December 2019, and we're just finding out now.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33336428/honda-accord-manual-transmission-discontinued/

Damn! That's your wife? You go @Bruce Bartlow :thumbsup:

Good Morning!

I know there's a crews forum category, but I'm putting some feelers out.

...Would anyone be interested in joining a crew for coupes? After yesterday's announcement, I felt compelled to do something.

I drew this on some scrap card that I had laying around and scanned it up in Illustrator this morning. I hope it's not too terrible :oops:
...If there's any sizable interest, I'll definitely see about getting some stickers and stuff.

Thanks for humoring me!

View attachment 61184

_______
Toll roads back east are nasty. I drove through Jersey once... everywhere you turn around, every few miles it seems: STOP PAY TOLL! Couldn't stop cussin'.

Back