Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

costco can usually accept non visa debit cards without issue i thought?

still slightly odd they take google/apple pay stuff, because from what I've read their rates are not cheap for processing

U.S. Costco warehouse locations accept:
  • All Visa Cards
  • The Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
  • Most PIN-based Debit/ATM Cards
  • Costco Shop Cards*
  • Cash
  • Personal checks from current Costco Members
  • Business checks from current Costco Business Members
  • Traveler’s checks
  • EBT cards
  • Mobile Payment (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay)
  • FSA/HSA Visa or MasterCard Debit cards are accepted at Pharmacies, Optical and Hearing Aid Departments

U.S. Costco Gas Stations:
  • All Visa Cards
  • Apple Pay
  • Costco Shop Cards*

Costco.com:
  • All Visa Cards
  • MasterCard
  • Apple Pay
  • Costco Shop Cards*
  • Visa

I have a master card black card cash back. The amount of cash back is limited and pretty small amount. We use the black card for as much as we can and I pay it off every week or two.

I did it this way because my wife loved to use her card and only pay the min payment and keep racking it up till it was over like 5k then put it on the line of credit thinking she was paying it off. Pissed me off so much.

Oh wow... Glad I don't have a wife like that lol
Mine is frugal like me and talks herself out of buying things (like me) and does a ton of research for things lol

hmm, i always felt like the beak era was kinda a low point for acura but remember seeing those TLs everywhere. its a rare build but im not sure how much love there is for it. im torn cause on one hand i bet its fun and on the other id rather the previous gen

Yeah definitely agree with you.

< discover

I was just messing with @stilletto . I know there are other companies but most of the time all I see is Visa.

I feel this big time. 3rd gen TL >>>>>>>>> 4th gen TL

^ Yup.

Oh wow... Glad I don't have a wife like that lol
Mine is frugal like me and talks herself out of buying things (like me) and does a ton of research for things lol

Yeah definitely agree with you.

I was just messing with @stilletto . I know there are other companies but most of the time all I see is Visa.

^ Yup.
She used it for everyday things. Just never paid it off. She's pretty frugal as well.

@ethlar - I don't like the style of this generation but it's a 6-speed.
What do you think it will go for? :think: I'm curious.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3owgjyd7/2012-acura-tl-sh-awd
Damn....6 spd? I didn't think that Gen of TL even had a 6 spd.

Also, who still uses a debit card? With all the data breaches from all these big companies(that we hear of), its an easy way to get your bank account drained and not get your money back. Or at least harder to get it back.

We use 1 CC mainly and get over $1000 a year in cash back rewards. We have a Target card and Lowes card. Wife has another CC for her work expenses.

2025 Civic Hybrid.....not bad. Nice move by Honda to make it in a hatch. Then toss in the same power as an Si???? and a more Tq???? It's not the death of the Si but man....Honda NEEEEEEDS to bump up the power figures on the Si. They really needed to boost them like 10 years ago, lol

Front end changes are better?

Honda mated its 2.0-liter Atkinson-cycle inline-4 engine with an electric motor to deliver 200 horsepower and 232 pound-feet of torque. Of those 200 ponies, the gas engine is responsible for 150 of them. That’s the same amount of power as the Civic Si sedan but the Hybrid provides 40 more lb-ft, though the Si is still the best option for folks who like to row their own gears as the Hybrid only comes with a CVT. But, the Civic Hybrid also comes in a hatchback, while the Si is sedan-only. You can have a manual, or five doors, but you can’t have both.
https://jalopnik.com/2025-honda-civic-hybrid-is-dialed-in-tuned-up-and-turn-1851533619
1718216646702.png

If what I’m seeing is accurate, the hybrid adds 300-350lbs over the si curb weight, and then it comes in a cvt.

If what I’m seeing is accurate, the hybrid adds 300-350lbs over the si curb weight, and then it comes in a cvt.
not sure about the weight but prob correct on both. I just was that the Si available in only 4 colors. Red, White, Black and a Gray. Meh....

I guess if your shopping for an Si, you're prob not cross shopping with a hybrid. But I'm guess I'm just pointing out the "lack" of power on a sports car that is supposed to be for the enthusiast.

not sure about the weight but prob correct on both. I just was that the Si available in only 4 colors. Red, White, Black and a Gray. Meh....

I guess if your shopping for an Si, you're prob not cross shopping with a hybrid. But I'm guess I'm just pointing out the "lack" of power on a sports car that is supposed to be for the enthusiast.
but thats been the si formula for a while, slightly higher power than the base model but its still an econo car. just did a quick search and the internet says the 10th gen si made 205 hp and the 11th makes 200... thats weird though.

:think:

Dealers Are Refusing Toyota Tundra Trade-Ins Over Twin-Turbo V6 Recall​

Dealers don’t want to sit on used Tundra inventory while waiting for the recall fix.

I wonder what the actual fix is? I read that Toyota found out it was excessive debris in the motors from assembly/breaking in.

I guess they have to do an engine tear down? Hence why dealers don’t want them?

Toyota didnt learn when Hyundai switched to air cleanout from filtered oil?

2025 Civic Hybrid.....not bad. Nice move by Honda to make it in a hatch. Then toss in the same power as an Si???? and a more Tq???? It's not the death of the Si but man....Honda NEEEEEEDS to bump up the power figures on the Si. They really needed to boost them like 10 years ago, lol

Front end changes are better?

Honda mated its 2.0-liter Atkinson-cycle inline-4 engine with an electric motor to deliver 200 horsepower and 232 pound-feet of torque. Of those 200 ponies, the gas engine is responsible for 150 of them. That’s the same amount of power as the Civic Si sedan but the Hybrid provides 40 more lb-ft, though the Si is still the best option for folks who like to row their own gears as the Hybrid only comes with a CVT. But, the Civic Hybrid also comes in a hatchback, while the Si is sedan-only. You can have a manual, or five doors, but you can’t have both.
https://jalopnik.com/2025-honda-civic-hybrid-is-dialed-in-tuned-up-and-turn-1851533619
View attachment 66971

Are they no longer offering that Civic Sport config for manual with a hatch? It's not an Si, but it's something.

Are they no longer offering that Civic Sport config for manual with a hatch? It's not an Si, but it's something.

2025 Civic Sedan Pricing & EPA Ratings

Trim
Powertrain
MSRP3
MSRP Plus $1,095 Destination Charge4
EPA Mileage Rating5
City / Hwy / Combined
LX
2.0L/CVT​
$24,250​
$25,345​
32 / 41 / 36
+1 / +1 / +1​
Sport
2.0L/CVT​
$26,250​
$27,345​
31 / 39 / 34
+1 / +2 / +1​
Sport Hybrid
Hybrid​
$28,750​
$29,845​
50 / 47 / 49
+17 / +5 / +13 *​
Sport Touring Hybrid
Hybrid​
$31,750​
$32,845​
50 / 47 / 49
+19 / +9 / +15 **​
* vs. 2024 EX-L with 1.5L turbo
** vs. 2024 Touring with 1.5L turbo

2025 Civic Sedan Pricing & EPA Ratings

Trim
Powertrain
MSRP3
MSRP Plus $1,095 Destination Charge4
EPA Mileage Rating5
City / Hwy / Combined
LX
2.0L/CVT​
$24,250​
$25,345​
32 / 41 / 36
+1 / +1 / +1​
Sport
2.0L/CVT​
$26,250​
$27,345​
31 / 39 / 34
+1 / +2 / +1​
Sport Hybrid
Hybrid​
$28,750​
$29,845​
50 / 47 / 49
+17 / +5 / +13 *​
Sport Touring Hybrid
Hybrid​
$31,750​
$32,845​
50 / 47 / 49
+19 / +9 / +15 **​
* vs. 2024 EX-L with 1.5L turbo
** vs. 2024 Touring with 1.5L turbo
No longer offering lx and sport with a 1.5?

Back