8th Gen 110% Lagom! My 8th gen.

I have the parts to do the rear swap myself but I need time and I am not sure on the fate of my car

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix
I know that feeling. I held off for so long cause I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be keeping it much past it being paid for. However, ugh, doing the smart thing and waiting and saving. I hate being older and responsible.

I might be rolling up in different ride for the dragon this year, the civic is starting to show its age

And parts just got here:

New front calipers. New rear calipers. New rear knuckle/spindle assemblies.

17470n.jpg

The rears even came with OEM pads in them! They look pretty decent. I'll probably end up using them. Also, FREE BRAKE LINES!!!!

2uhv7ft.jpg

The new front calipers are massive. Still a single piston, nothing like a fancy Brembo, but a huge increase in pad size and heat capabilities.

ajscck.jpg

Comparison:

xm5o55.jpg

Much bigger caliper. It's hard to see but the piston itself it visibly larger too.

95zc7r.jpg

Just gotta buy new front lines, fluid, rotors, front pads, and new rear e-brake cables. That should be it.....

Not mine, only cause I can't find a pic of the KW kit. Same rotrex charger just with different FMIC and IM charge routing.

Should be done with the WR intake manifold though. Probably 215-ish at the wheels. Bolt on SI dudes bewares... hahahah....

If I can get confirmation that the FMIC fits with the AT then yes. Confirmed purchase.

Not paying $5k for 60hp. However...... $4500 for 110hp...yes...... yes please....

I've been debating the extension of life on the current car vs. downpayment on new car for over a year. I have the money to go either way.....

I kind of really like the idea of the "ruined" econobox R18 civic being fast....

But... If you're thinking it'd be the same price, wouldn't a new car (Si possibly) be a much better value? Especially since you'd get comparable performance.

Nah, I have all the suspension mods I'm semi balancing into the cost. The thing is, my trade in or sale value is like $3k maybe $4k max. Another $4k into paid off car isn't much when you can pay cash. It's like a new set of stupid expensive Volk wheels.

If I can get say, $4k for my car, and a new Fiesta ST comes down to $18k (wicked deal) & 8th gen SI's ar still over $12K, I am still looking at a 3 year loan most likely. Could I get 2 years more out of my car for $4k? Probably and still make out with $2k selling it at that point.

There is my dilemma. Really the only thing my car is lacking is power. Other than that i am very happy with it still. I just want to go fast, faster!

I think it's a done deal, if the IC fits. If not, Ford roller-skate here I come....

It will have more torque than a Si with bolt-ons (like mine :hiding:). :giggle:

I would say go for new car.......don't really see the point of potential headaches and more money to spend on replacing parts due to adding power.

Just get the new Mustang 5.0 with manual, perfect car for midlife crisis.:wink1:

Back